NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Juat a quick ello from a new member. Picked up a Galactic Blue 1600 a couple of weeks ago, and stumbled across the forum. The car is really Mrs Oddnumber's (I ride a chopper) but it is cool to drive and I'm quite smitten myself.

Look forward to talking to you all :)

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the New Org!

Hope Your Enjoy Your New Beetle.

Cant Wait to see pic's of Your Car.

John K.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the welcomes :)

I'll get some pics when Mrs Oddie gets in later - it's all standard though, apart from a pair of chrome flames that surround the indicators on the side.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
Welcome! :wave2:

·
DIESL PWR
354 Posts
Welcome to the family :D

I like how you still refer to the car by its engine size in cc's, like we all did with the aircooled Beetles. So, how does the 1.6l I4 drive? The smallest unit we get in the states is the 1.9l TDI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:eek: Sorry about that, old habits die hard hahahahaha.

I used to drive a 1972 1200, and a 1973 (I think) 1303. They were fantastic cars up until they died :(

One thing about the New Beetles made me laugh - myself and Mrs Oddie were taking the car for a test drive and I was fiddling with the switches like a small child. I turned one dial and nothing happened. Within a few seconds though, I had a warm glow on my backside - heated seats :D :D :D On both of my old bugs, the heater channels were in a state of some disrepair so I had to resort to hot water bottles on winter journeys :) How technology has moved on eh?

It's interesting that the smallest motor over there is a 1900. Over here, there's a 1400 that's recently been released. The 1600 is comfortable, but does'nt accelerate at a neckbreaking rate - but that isn't why people drive them though, right?:)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts