VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Juat a quick ello from a new member. Picked up a Galactic Blue 1600 a couple of weeks ago, and stumbled across the forum. The car is really Mrs Oddnumber's (I ride a chopper) but it is cool to drive and I'm quite smitten myself.

Look forward to talking to you all :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the welcomes :)

I'll get some pics when Mrs Oddie gets in later - it's all standard though, apart from a pair of chrome flames that surround the indicators on the side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:eek: Sorry about that, old habits die hard hahahahaha.

I used to drive a 1972 1200, and a 1973 (I think) 1303. They were fantastic cars up until they died :(

One thing about the New Beetles made me laugh - myself and Mrs Oddie were taking the car for a test drive and I was fiddling with the switches like a small child. I turned one dial and nothing happened. Within a few seconds though, I had a warm glow on my backside - heated seats :D :D :D On both of my old bugs, the heater channels were in a state of some disrepair so I had to resort to hot water bottles on winter journeys :) How technology has moved on eh?

It's interesting that the smallest motor over there is a 1900. Over here, there's a 1400 that's recently been released. The 1600 is comfortable, but does'nt accelerate at a neckbreaking rate - but that isn't why people drive them though, right?:)

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.