:wave3:
Welcome to the org!! :)

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
FineExampl said:
mmmmmmm English chick...
(insert Homer drooling sound here)
Down Boy!!! She's too young for you!!!!!

Sorry bout that hehe...sometimes we dont keep John's leash short enough. :lol:

·
LoveBug
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CyberGreenBaby said:

lol yea really.lol!:lol:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:

Hey girly, i fought long and hard to break free of leashes. I'm nice, i just happen to have a giant weak spot for UK ladies. I mean i'm not going to hop on a plane or anything.

I'M HARMLESS!:confused:

Welcome just the same :rolleyes:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Hello!

Glad to have you--------my Hubster is from London---send backbacon and a 99! :p

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
angelworks said:
send backbacon and a 99! :p
Angelworks,

I was down in Newburyport at the weekend on the way back from picking up my new 1.8T, and bought a pound of proper bacon, some bangers and some black pudding in the British Shop there. Bought a Cadbury's Flake for my wife.

There is also a great Indian restaurant there, just need another excuse to go there.

It's funny the things you miss.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
madjalapeno said:
Angelworks,

I was down in Newburyport at the weekend on the way back from picking up my new 1.8T, and bought a pound of proper bacon, some bangers and some black pudding in the British Shop there. Bought a Cadbury's Flake for my wife.

There is also a great Indian restaurant there, just need another excuse to go there.

What? No spotted dick? :hurl:

:lol:

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
madjalapeno said:
Angelworks,

Newburyport, MA? Names, I must have names-----store and Indian Restaurant as well.

Have you got your Quality streets for the holidays yet? I love the winter edition---Snow Flake.

Shhhhhh---I ordered, proper bacon, black& white pudding, bangers and beans for Hubster's Christmas breakfast. It's a surprise.

Are you from the UK as well?

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
What? No spotted dick? :hurl:

:lol:
I tried some of that "custard" in a can in the British food section here. :hurl: However, in that same aisle i do LOVE the Nestle bars. I like the Lion. It's like a giant Kit Kat with caramel and Rice Krispies all in one. I still am afraid to try the treacle pudding or the Heinz beans. And who the hell invented Lucozade??? That stuff is harsh.

Now i'm going to hide while Diana sits there laughing at us lameass Americans.:D

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
angelworks said:
Newburyport, MA? Names, I must have names-----store and Indian Restaurant as well.
Yep, Newburyport, Ma. The English store is on State Street - don't know how well you know Newburyport, but if you park in car park behind the church in the middle of town you should see the English and Irish flags in the back windows of the store to the East.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=newburyport,+ma&ll=42.809837,-70.871515&spn=0.009765,0.019631&hl=en

The Indian Restaurant (which does a fantastic garlic nan) is located in a little plaza just to the south of the car park. I can't remember the name of it right now, but we have a menu at home, I can PM it to you if you want.

angelworks said:
Have you got your Quality streets for the holidays yet? I love the winter edition---Snow Flake.
Not yet, need to make another trip down there for some pressies. My wife's favourite is the Cadbury's Hero's ???

angelworks said:
Shhhhhh---I ordered, proper bacon, black& white pudding, bangers and beans for Hubster's Christmas breakfast. It's a surprise.

Are you from the UK as well?
Hmmmm, the thought of black pudding is bound to get some odd response from the bulk of people here, but you really can't beat it with good fry-up. We got some proper colemans mustard too in the English shop.

Yep, as you guessed, I'm from the UK too. Been here just over 2 years now. Spent the last 10 years living and working in the middle of London, got sick of the noise, dirt and lack of space, so came over here. NH is lovely - the opposite of London. I do find I miss friends and family a lot - it's difficult making new friends when you don't have kids, but we shall be here another few years yet.

How about you, how long you been here and what do you miss?

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
Yep, as you guessed, I'm from the UK too. Been here just over 2 years now. Spent the last 10 years living and working in the middle of London, got sick of the noise, dirt and lack of space, so came over here. NH is lovely - the opposite of London. I do find I miss friends and family a lot - it's difficult making new friends when you don't have kids, but we shall be here another few years yet.

How about you, how long you been here and what do you miss?
I'm American born and bred-----Hubster is born and bred in London although his Ma/Pa are both born and bred Dublin/Irish-----he's a man without a country--LOL.

I love visiting London but would never want to live there.

Hubster's been here since 2001 and does not miss London life at all---just friends and family like you said.

You can always drop in on us here in Keene---we're friendly!

Although I am not from the UK I do sorely miss:

proper bacon
proper Guinness
whole meal bread
great cheese
pub lunches
Radox
and all of Ireland

:cool:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts