First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought in June :)

Her name is

Emil
:thewave:

I got the name from "Lime" Green backwards E-m-i-l
(yes, I'm aware it's not lime green though, but it's a cute name)

I'm a 17 year old teenager & I live in Vancouver, Canada!

She's quite wonderful!
WAY better than my old 2002 Honda Civic :mad:

I've done a few modifications to her to make her prettier

I'm too nervous to due any mechanical changes but I'm beginning to look
into a replacement KO4 turbo.

Any suggestions for new turbochargers is welcome, in fact encouraged!

Anyways,

1. I've upgraded to 8000K HiD
  2. I replaced the back "VW" emblem (it was torn off turing a prank)
  3. New stereo system (I have no idea what it is, stereos aren't my thing
    The wires between the two doors were broken but I got screwed into buying a WHOLE new stereo! AVOID FUTURE SHOP!
  4. New honeycomb tail lights
  5. New rims!
  6. Latest thing: Blacked out roof (to look like 10th Anniversary Beetle)

Thanks for reading my post :cool:
    Anything else you want to know just ask :p

Emil met a Friend

Summer Rims!

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Welcome to the org! :wave:
I love the name Emil!!! And I love the black roof. :)

·
Super Moderator
14,876 Posts
I love what you've done! Keep up the good work! :D

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html

Welcome to the ORG.

Nice wheels! One suggestion. Instead of buying the larger K04 Turbo get a REVO tune instead. It will wake up that little engine and make it go. Increase is from 150HP to 200hp and from about 160lbs of torque to 230lbs of torque. A very significant difference. If you go with a K04 Turbo you need a new Downpipe, new larger injectors, a 4bar FPR and a custom Tune in order to make it all come together. That could run you between 2000-3000 dollars on up. The Stage 1 Revo tune for the 1.8 is $399 and sometimes they even run a Sale.
Best money I ever invested and I am quite happy with the performance.

Also make sure your timing belt service including timing belt, water pump, accessory belt, tensioner, pulley, thermostat has been performed or will be performed sooner rather than later.
Once the timing belt goes so will your engine and that will cost between 3000-7000 to get fixed.

Welcome to the Org. Have fun and post often.

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://newbeetle.org/forums/new-member-forum/51021-newbie-welcome-kit.html

nstead of buying the larger K04 Turbo get a REVO tune instead. It will wake up that little engine and make it go. Increase is from 150HP to 200hp and from about 160lbs of torque to 230lbs of torque. A very significant difference. If you go with a K04 Turbo you need a new Downpipe, new larger injectors, a 4bar FPR and a custom Tune in order to make it all come together. That could run you between 2000-3000 dollars on up. The Stage 1 Revo tune for the 1.8 is $399 and sometimes they even run a Sale.
Best money I ever invested and I am quite happy with the performance.

Also make sure your timing belt service including timing belt, water pump, accessory belt, tensioner, pulley, thermostat has been performed or will be performed sooner rather than later.
Once the timing belt goes so will your engine and that will cost between 3000-7000 to get fixed.

Welcome to the Org. Have fun and post often.
Wow, I put hours of research into everything I do for my car. And for my turbo charger I post on this website and within 1/2 hour I have more information that I would ever learn by myself! Thank you so much!

I'm not much of a mechanic myself, I bough the car off a family friend.
They ALWAYS took their car into service and spent thousands replacing the clutch and slave & master cylinders just recently.
I have no doubt that the car is being treated well (mechanically at least, the interior ceiling has water damage from the sunroof being left open, but overall it's extremely good for $5000)
But with buying this car all by myself and being a part-time student, I can't afford to have a Certified-German mechanic inspect my vehicle every 6 months or whatever. But luckily being a teenager I have a dad who's sleeve I can pull at :p

I've never felt the love like I do on "the .org" this place is the best! Volkswagen Beetle owners are the most friendly, my mom has a Porsche 986 website my dad goes on to seek help and the Porsche people aren't nearly as nice as this ".org" ...face it some of them are brats :rolleyes:

I love everything about New Beetles

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the Org!! :wave:

Emil is a FANTASTIC name!! I LOVE IT!! And I also love what you have done so far! :goodjob: Can't wait to see what you do next!!

BTW. Ketchup chips and Coffee Crisp are NOM NOM GOODNESS :bitehard: (means good :D) Wish they had them here in the states!
Emil wasn't actually my idea, it was the previous owners and he made me promise I wouldn't change her name & I had no problem with it. I'm actually considering getting vanity plates that say "Emil" on them :p but I find them a bit pricy for what you get..
I don't know how you guys don't have ketchup chips but I didn't know about coffee crisp, that's like a classic Halloween candy for trick-or-treat up here.

You guys also don't have Tim Hortons, that's where I work :p

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder if a yellow bug would look good with a black roof? How much did Maaco charge you and are you happy with their work?
I am forever loyal to Maaco, everyone makes fun of them but they do a great job & they stand behind it.
I've had a small issue with Maaco and they are told me they would fix it free of charge. They are the best. I went there when I first backed my car into a pole and they repainted BOTH my bumpers, colour matched all 4 fenders all for $600, painting my roof costed $350 and it was a fantastic job! I HIGHLY recommened them :D :banana:

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Emil is a cutie pie! I really like the green with the black roof - looks awesome!!! Is that a cute little green bug I see on your dash?

And she doesn't look that terrible dirty to me. :)

·
First Car! Emil!
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Emil is a cutie pie! I really like the green with the black roof - looks awesome!!! Is that a cute little green bug I see on your dash?

And she doesn't look that terrible dirty to me. :)
Are you joking? I treat Emil like a baby, in the summer she's shiny with wax and not even the undercarriage has dust on it :eyecrazy:

Oh, why yes! You did catch the "Mini Me"

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Heck, Indiana Winters aren't much better. We get the Arctic air from the North and are hitting way below Zero at times.
This year has been a crazy year so far. Last night at midnight we almost hit 60 degrees. Then we had Thunderstorms and even Tornado warning with 2 confirmed touchdowns. (That is unheard of in January). Then the temps dropped and the rain turned to light snow flurries and now the temp has dropped to 18 with single digit windchills. We had a 50 degree temperature drop within 12 hours time. Now that is crazy weather even for us.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am forever loyal to Maaco, everyone makes fun of them but they do a great job & they stand behind it.
I've had a small issue with Maaco and they are told me they would fix it free of charge. They are the best. I went there when I first backed my car into a pole and they repainted BOTH my bumpers, colour matched all 4 fenders all for $600, painting my roof costed $350 and it was a fantastic job! I HIGHLY recommened them :D :banana:
I have to agree about Maaco. They just did my father-in-laws 87' fullsize pickup, patched a couple of rust spots, paint and clear coat for 1100 bucks and it looks awesome!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Emil looks really nice; looks like Maaco did an excellent job on the paint work(the metallic green is a hard color to match). I have one of those small green die-cast Bugs, too:)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.