NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well looks like I'll be retiring the NB (2000 GLX 1.8T), wife got a hankering for a new car so she bought one today (2013 Volvo S60).
I'll be taking her old car (03 Mazda6 44k) due to it has less miles and is an auto. Tired of shifting gears been drivin a stick since I've been driving purty near 40 yrs now.
Not sure what's going to happen with the NB, too many cars not enough space. I am now going to have to have a garage built in the back yard to accomodate the vehicles I have now.
The NB needs quite a bit of work b4 I can even consider selling it. Can't do the work on it if I'm driving it so with me driving a different vehicle I will at least be able to do the work it needs. Just not sure if I should spend the money to do the things it needs fixing or try to sell as is. It's still a good car. A part of me says keep it but the other part says let it go.
Don't want to part it out would rather fix it and sell it or give it away. Thought of giving it to some charitable organization just not sure what to do at this point..........
This will be the first time in close to 40 yrs I have'nt drivin a VW as my daily driver. Kind of a sad day :( but things progress and move on.
Time will tell, may keep it and have another classic in another 20 years. That's assuming I can last another 20 yrs:)

·
Super Moderator
14,783 Posts
This makes me so sad. :(

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thinking things may change on this whole scenario....time will tell.
Looking at it from an economics view and nothing more.
Right now it's up in the air but working out what needs to be done to benefit myself and the wife the best, I'm not one to make hasty decisions.
If it's time for the NB to go then it's time. If not may end up doing what needs to be done to it and drive it a couple more years to buy me some time in building a garage which I am going to have to do anyways, but if I can prolong it a bit I'm willing to do so.
At this point just don't know if it's worth the effort in fixing it, it's not in bad shape really just needs some mechanical stuff done and finish up the interior. Nothing more mechanical than just normal wear items...........just don't know if it's feasiable to put the money in it.
Nothing is going to happen overnight anyways with the exception of the wife picking up her new car 2moro.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I reached my milestone yesterday of 100K, sadly I alo transferred my tag & insurance to the Mazda yeterday as well. Looks like I'm gonna el the N, too many car. Really hate to do it, but got no choice. Would love to keep it but that ain't gonna happen. Freinds daughter spent money o I'm just going to sell it. Would like to sell it to a NB enthuiast, price wil be right not looking to making a fortune just looking for a good home for my old freind.

So long old freind it was a long fun ride............

So if anyone is interested PM me and we can talk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts