VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
What scan tool are you using? What is the year (2009), model, engine and trans, of the VW you have? What problems, are you having; the codes, seem to indicate some issues. Some of the cheaper scan tools; can give you odd code #'s and be confusing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mechanic did the report so not sure of type of tool he used. He recommended I first try high octane fuel & some additive in fuel tank but check engine light came on quickly. He said next step is to replace O2 sensor at upstream. The Vapor canister was replaced and so far filling the tank has not been a problem. I really don’t want to keep pouring money into this check engine light🤣

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Well, the codes in the photo; all point, towards the bank 1 sensor 1 -02 sensor, which is before the catalytic converter.

I don't know, if you want to try to fix or replace parts yourself but having your own vw scan tool, could help you diagnose things.

Let us know, how you want to proceed with things; whether or not, you want to "diy" diagnostics, do some repairs yourself or leave it to a pro shop?

Let us know; what you are thinking and if you are willing to do some repairs or not. We, can go from there, Thanks.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
So, what is the status of the repair and diagnostics? Are you going to test things or just replace the 02 sensor?

From the above scan; it seems you have: 2009, New Beetle with a 2.5L engine with a BPR engine code?

If you are going to buy a 02 sensor; Bosch, would be the right choice.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Testing and inspection:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts