NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first I would like to thank everyone for their input, that has helped me greatly in the past. I am having the dreaded crank no start problem. let me give you the run down. wife drove car to school. On the way back the car stalled by what I assumed to be a dead battery. Jumped car, drove short distance and stalled again when at a stop. Replaced battery and drove home (5 miles) with no perceived troubles. Went to start car later and engine refused to start. I have replaced spark plugs, and have spark, pulled off injectors cleaned and replaced. Vehicle will start briefly with starter fluid but refuses to idle. checked all fuses in the fuse box and all are working. I am thinking it may be the fuel pump but I would like to get some opinions before I tear out the old one. I ran ODB and got one misfire code (cylinder 2) and an o2 sensor malfunction code (po135) *pending*. please help with any thoughts or ideas. this is my only mode of transportation and I am in a hurry to get it fixed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
When you open the door, do you hear the fuel pump cycle and then shut off? I would check at the fuel rail and see if there is pressure. It should be a lot, if fuel just trickles out it could be the pump or a clogged fuel filter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts