NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 beetle and since Friday I have had an issue I suspect to be electrical. The car goes off after about 7 minutes driving and you must allow it cool for about an hour for it to drive again. The electrician who checks the car noticed that key fibre had been burnt. I replaced it but the problem won't go away. He's now suggesting I have the car scanned. Any ideas would be invaluable.

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
Scan for codes and post any you find; most auto parts stores will scan your car or loan you a scan tool for free.

Typical issues, related to your dying problem you are experiencing are; failing fuel pump or engine speed/cranks sensor.

Scan for codes; post any you find and we can go from there Thanks.

s: if you need to replace parts, stick with oem brands, crank sensor Bosch and fuel pump VDO or Bosch with the latter offering a built in fuel level sensing unit, new tank seal, at a lower overall price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scan for codes and post any you find; most auto parts stores will scan your car or loan you a scan tool for free.

Typical issues, related to your dying problem you are experiencing are; failing fuel pump or engine speed/cranks sensor.

Scan for codes; post any you find and we can go from there Thanks.

s: if you need to replace parts, stick with oem brands, crank sensor Bosch and fuel pump VDO or Bosch with the latter offering a built in fuel level sensing unit, new tank seal, at a lower overall price.

Thank you. I will share whatever I find. I am currently waiting by the street to cool for another drive to the scan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts