VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS Convertible 2.0 Liter SOHC 8-Valve 4 Cylinder Engine.
I just bought this dream car (used) in May 2016. In the shop a lot for over heating (main water housing was leaking). Ran well for 4 months, then stalled on the highway ... had water when started but was dry and hot after stall. No lights came on to warn. Towed home and has radiator fluid coming out the tail pipe. Saving up for a head gasket job! OUCH.

Trying to repair as much using Chilton and Haynes repair manuals (covering 1998 to 2005 New Beetles). The engine in my car is different than the one in both manuals??? Does the convertible have a different engine?

The upper intake manifold in my car is rectangular in shape. The one in the repair manuals is "S" shaped. Does anyone know what engine I have and is there a repair manual available?

We are trying to do a leak down compression test and we can't figure out how to take off the manifold to get to the spark plugs. This is very odd and frustrating.

Have searched YouTube and no one shows this engine under any year selected ... they all show the "S" shaped manifold.

Anyone, Please advise! Thank you.

Here is an image of my engine I found on the internet:

·
5/23/10 <3
11,417 Posts
I'm not seeing the photo. Can you try again?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts