NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP.. I just spent 2 hours putting the TB on, and now I can't get the engine mount back on..you know the piece that actually bolts to the engine.. what the H is the trick?

:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I ended up inserting engine mount bracket first (but not bolting it) and then tensioner with the assistance of another person. And I also ended up lifting engine up. However it doesn't look like I can lift it up high enough for easy manipulations as intake manifold hits rain tray or something.

Now I'm struggling finding suitable pliers to adjust tensioner.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

:)Got it, lowered the engine, and was able to put it right in. THANK YOU people for the help.. the other trick i figured out is when putting the a/c pump in, I put the bolts through first and started screwing on a bit, then hammered the bolt head a bit to knock the "nut" back a little, it worked perfect.. thanks agian..

:D:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
the other trick i figured out is when putting the a/c pump in, I put the bolts through first and started screwing on a bit, then hammered the bolt head a bit to knock the "nut" back a little, it worked perfect..
Why did you remove it in the first place? I've only removed alternator as it gave some space at thermostat and someone before me didn't secure lower bolt properly anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts