NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Block
247 Posts
Do you know if it is the center portion or one of the side portions? I got my side portion for 25 bucks from the stealership. The center was about 100 more than that...Not sure of where else to find them. You can get steel ones, but they are around 350 each...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dieselgeek I think is the best option. Unless I am wrong I think the TDI of the skid plate from the dealer is over 200 bucks. Mine is currently being held on by two screws and three zip ties.

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
That metal skid plate has saved my motor a few times. A lot of construction has been going on in the area. Just a lot of junk scattered about the roads. Most of which can destroy the oil pan. I have a bunch of dings, and one good sized dent in the skid plate. It has paid for itself many times.

·
Cherchez la coeur...
977 Posts
"rock protector"

The stock plastic panel is only ther to modulate airflow and sound. The only thing it will protect the bottom of the engine from is maybe some dust. Hannaco has it right - my DG skid plate has saved me several times. You can't buy better peace of mind for the money for your TDI. Call Jim at DieselGeek and grab one today.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My buddies 1.8 does not have this, but my TDI did. It has been gone for about 40k miles. The stealer once told me they are to help quiet the motor mostly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts