VW Beetle Forum banner

Engine Swap (AWV to AGU)

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  docleo 
#1 ·
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME......
I bought the car 2 months ago, (2002 limited color concept - yellow) with AGU engine code. When i check the net this engine came from MK4-Golf GTi 98-00 drive by cable. The previous owner change the engine, remove the DBC and replace it with DBW from his previous engine, he also get all vacuum selonoid (N249, N112 and vacuum reservoir)he just connect all sensor socket from AWV ECU to the AGU. Now it run with MAF & DBW throttle (Cruise control works +/-), but with only 5 PSi boost ang 20MPG on the highway.
My question is, Do I need to replace the AWV ECU or this one is OK? Am I on limp mode?
Thank you in advanced from your adviced.

#3 ·
I would suspect you need the right ecu since it is not dbw. I would also suspect the engine could be used with a drive by wire. You may want to search vw vortex as this has probably been done before, although I can't imagine why.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

#4 ·
Yes its DBW now, I do the DIY cleaning, I put 10W 330 ohms resistor on N249, N112, SAP & on the VCT selonoid plug-because doesnt have. I also did the PVC cleaning. I scan the car with Vag-Com it has tank ventilation valve open circuit and shift-lock N110 selonoid earth connection. i erased it and keep on coming back and i'm always on limp mode, sometimes when i floor the accelerator it's like now power or no fuel (bog/jerk), i just clean the MAF, AIT and TB-alignment done. Please a want to feel the power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.