NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Just bought a 2000 Beetle GLX 1.8T.
The ABS, EPC, BRAKE are all on when the car starts up, and theres a loud annoying sound when the car is moving. I checked the fuse for ABS and it was not burnt or blown.

Any idea on what to do :(

Also, AC is not working, and when the car starts you can hear the belt. But I know what the problem is, and can fix it, just don't know if both can be related or not.

·
Registered
11,794 Posts
You might start with a fresh scan and see if there are any trouble codes. As for the loud noise; when the car is moving, there are many possibilities. If possible, make a cell phone video and post it to youtube, post the link here and maybe, we can identify the problem.

For the A/C issue; discuss the problem more and we can see, if there maybe a correlation between the noise and the serpentine belt path components. A common serpentine belt path causes for squealing; is the alternator clutch pulley failure, belt tensioner, crank dampner and worn belts.

Scan for codes, post up a video and we can go from there. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might start with a fresh scan and see if there are any trouble codes. As for the loud noise; when the car is moving, there are many possibilities. If possible, make a cell phone video and post it to youtube, post the link here and maybe, we can identify the problem.

For the A/C issue; discuss the problem more and we can see, if there maybe a correlation between the noise and the serpentine belt path components. A common serpentine belt path causes for squealing; is the alternator clutch pulley failure, belt tensioner, crank dampner and worn belts.

Scan for codes, post up a video and we can go from there. Thanks! :)
Hey! thanks!
sorry, I could NOT find out how to get to my thread and reply! also, i broke my phone :[

But, i think I've figured out the problem but still can use some help!
AC was confirmed in needing a replacement, & the noise was coming for it.
As far as my other problem, I changed my 5A fuse (ABS) and messed around to figure out what was blowing it. Heres the Before and after of changing the fuse.

BEFORE:
- AC not blowing cold air
- ABS light on
- E-Brake light & alarm on
- Engine light on with code reading a problem with ABS
- ASR light on

After:
- ALL lights off
- AC blowing cold-ish (colder than was before) air. (ac still has to get fixed on another issue)
-car working fine

I looked it up and saw that some people with beetles had their climate control wiring messed up (under the radio), But, as i look at mine all seem to be in the right place.

Now, i found out what blows the fuse. Everytime i switch to the Side Mirrors Defrost !!!
The windshield defrost button works fine and doesn't blow anything, but when i touch the button on the door for the side mirrors defrost setting, the fuse blows!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts