VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I got an EPC show up on my dash. It also acting funny. Did the scan and this what I came up with..

17978 - which i know its Engine start blocked by Immobilizer. This one I have no idea why it show up all the time but the car seems starts and hasn't shut off in few sec but it did once so I disconnect the battery and touch the cable together no not to the battery not that crazy kill myself lol..

16826 - EVAP Emission control sys: Small Leak. <-- IDK where this located.

17560 - Long term fuel trim additive Air: Bank 1; Range 2 : system too lean. <--I have no freaken clue what this is. need to know where this loacted and what I need to do with it to fix this code.

16705 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28) Implausible Signal

16706 - Engine Speed sensor (G28) No Signal.

I need to know a map of all where this is located and what I need to do replace?, Clean it? I also clean the maf Sensor to see it helps..

Thanks

·
Registered
758 Posts
The EVAP leak and the sytstem too lean errors are likely related. A vacuum leak could cause too much air to enter the intake manifold.

The engine speed sensor errors could be a bad sensor or bad connection to the sensor. I'd start by checking the connection to see if it's properly seated, plug isn't broken, and etc. If that doesn't work, I'd replace the sensor.

I doubt the MAF sensor has anything to do with the errors above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts