NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks...my 2018 Beetle had the EPC light and check engine light come on. Car bogged down and limped along to dealer. They're telling me they need to replace both wiring harnesses. Does this sound right to folks? Much appreciated.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,931 Posts
Is the car still under warranty? What codes came up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes still under warranty. The check engine light and EPC light came on and car started sputtering. I was able to drive it to dealership but it limped along. Not sure what codes came up but dealership told me that when they checked the issue was the engine wiring harness. I just don’t see that anywhere in my research online. Everything with EPC indicates problem with throttle. Service rep at dealer stated his master certified tech knows what he’s doing and this is the problem.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If it’s still under warranty and it’s covered then I’d let them handle it. An18 is new enough that problems like this haven’t come up yet so to speak. A worn harness is often associated with a car that has a few miles (like my 354k mile tdi) or one that has been in an accident.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks. Does it seem weird for a car with 20k miles that this would be an issue? Not sure why I don’t trust the dealership on this.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,931 Posts
I would see if you could get the code numbers they pulled up. It does seem odd to have a wiring harness problem on a car that new. But if its under warranty and its on their dime, let them do it I guess.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree with Smiley, it does seem odd with so few miles but if it’s on their dime and time I’d probably let them do it and see what happens. If it doesn’t fix the problem you’ll know they took a guess and guessed wrong.

By all means find out exactly what the codes are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts