NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had the airbag light and the esp light on for a few months.

After Seeing this: http://newbeetle.org/forums/1-8-liter-turbo/58238-airbag-light-02-turbo-s.html

I bought the recommended scanner, and cleared the airbag light and found out the codes for the esp light.

I got the following codes:
00493 - ESP-Sensor Unit (G419): Defective
01542 - Yaw Rate Sensor (G202): Implausible Signal

I called my local VW and asked how much the parts would cost. I didn't have my VIN handy, but he said the parts could cost between $600-$900.

I googled a bit and found a possible part number for the esp unit: 7H0 907 655 A

I googled the part number and found used esp units on ebay for cheap.

Before I start ponying up cash, does anyone one here have and experience dealing with these issues? Is buying used units safe? Is driving the car safe? The ABS is off, and I can tell the difference in braking. I'm fairly competent and have the bentley book, so I know where the parts are located.

Also does anyone know the part numbers for the above units?

Driving a:

2003 1.8 Turbo
80,000 miles

Let me know if any further info is needed. I really hope this doesn't cost me an arm and a leg; I'm soooooo close to paying car off and NOW it wants to start having problems :(

Thanks to any who can help!

·
Registered
762 Posts
7H0 907 655 A is not even close. It might work on an Eos or Touran though.

Can you post a full scan of the vehicle up here? If so, that will give some important details and we should be able to narrow it down pretty quickly as to what you need.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Pencilneck! First off, thanks for replying!

Below are the scans from the actual reader.

Some other codes came up (which sucks). I have to change my radio, but I'm uploading just to make sure there isnt any link, etc.

Again thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
762 Posts
... um.... ok... yeah, not as helpful as one would like... there is more information not shown than is shown.

In a nutshell, you car should take 1J0 907 655 A or 1J0 907 655 B for the ESP sensor. Have you verified that the wiring harness is compliant to factory design for the ESP sensor?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
... um.... ok... yeah, not as helpful as one would like... there is more information not shown than is shown.

In a nutshell, you car should take 1J0 907 655 A or 1J0 907 655 B for the ESP sensor. Have you verified that the wiring harness is compliant to factory design for the ESP sensor?
So sorry about the late reply. I posted late last week, but I guess it didn't post!

I ripped apart the lower dash tonight and got under there, it is the 655a part number. Thank you so much for your help.

Would you advise against buying this part used? A quick look on ecstuning, and this part is over $700! I don't have that type of money. is it safe to drive the car until I have the part as well?

Again thanks for all your help. I swear if it wasn't for this place, I wouldn't be able to survive :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts