Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*wolf whistles at Ethel Mae*

Oh Ethel Mae, what a curvacious ... chassis... you have ;)
And such big.. round... headlights!

Ethel Mae is VERY sexxy :D
:banana:
Thank you...

My dream car! I LOVELOVELOVE that interior! :bowdown:
She is a dream... he actually bought her from a friend at a really GOOD price (less than half of what she is worth)!
:eek:
She sat for monthes waiting to be taken to a new home and we got her!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dirty Girl... Everyone needs a bath!

Ethel Mae and Ruby playing peek-a-boo...

Original miles... she is most definately not a daily driver!

The story behind Ethel Mae, begins as a sad one...

Joey(the boyfriend)and his dad (Lloyd) went and looked at Ethel when she was first came up for sale. This beautiful girl was Lloyd's dream car. Lloyd was going to get her, but got sick shortly after that visit and Ethel sat longer.

We lost Lloyd, July of 2010 to the battle with cancer. It was his dream to get Ethel. :(
So in Lloyd's honor Joey bought Ethel and has given her a loving home with us!

Just as much as Lloyd is in our hearts, Ethel will always be part of our family!

:angel:R.I.P.:angel:
Lloyd Ray Baltzell

·
Super Moderator
14,715 Posts
So nice that you have her. Never let her go. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So nice that you have her. Never let her go. :)
We have made a vow to always keep her... even during hard times! She is family now!!! :D

Wow what a touching story.

Nice that the B/F fulfilled his Pops dream.

Ethel Mae is cherry! As for me, i'd be wrestling big time on leaving it original. She'll be a beaut either way:bigthumb:
My only problem with keeping her original is I would LOVE to see some A/C in her... South GA summers are HOT!:firedevil
...as of right now no power steering/ brakes are fine, but when the stroker goes in that may be a slight problem... ;) Joey is wrestling the idea of making a few mods on Ethel, too other than just the engine!

Oh, btw we might come down for the End of Summer GTG... if I can get all the kinks out of Ruby before the date! It will be my 1st GTG, but not Joey! He is in between VW at this time since he sold his GLI "Hank"!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Pretty car! We have a 65 in Silver Blue in our garage in the US and an 06 vert on a boat on it's way to the UK right now (and a bug in each garage too :) )
Keep it std please, in Europe we keep cars std a lot more than they are in the US, changing the engine matters a lot in the UK for resale etc but not so much in the US.
Good story, my step dad has my mum's dream car in his garage, she bought it the day they got engaged and he'll never part with it!

Kate

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sweet Stang. Once I finish my 56 AC VW I am going to start on my Dad's 64 1/2 260 V8(hardtop). He bought it new (around 2K I think) so I will be the 2nd owner. Think the clock reads 140K but I don't remember right off hand. Solid car with minor body issues, original engine trans and diff so it will be matching numbers correct, if I knew how to verify that. Needs some TLC went through 4 kids and still in excellent condition for the age.

Me being the car nut I am, was the lucky one who inherited it, guess the old man knew I would do it right and restore it like he would have.

This will be one car that will never leave our family.

Time will come when I have to make a decision which nephew (no kids) will become the 3rd owner.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Diggin the Magnum wheels. That is 1 straight car! The nice thing about owning one of those is you can buy ANYTHING for it at mustangs plus....That, and it's BEAUTIFUL!

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
4,916 Posts
We have made a vow to always keep her... even during hard times! She is family now!!! :D

My only problem with keeping her original is I would LOVE to see some A/C in her... South GA summers are HOT!:firedevil
...as of right now no power steering/ brakes are fine, but when the stroker goes in that may be a slight problem... ;) Joey is wrestling the idea of making a few mods on Ethel, too other than just the engine!

Oh, btw we might come down for the End of Summer GTG... if I can get all the kinks out of Ruby before the date! It will be my 1st GTG, but not Joey! He is in between VW at this time since he sold his GLI "Hank"!
You can get a "discreet" aftermarket a/c unit for ANY application these days.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty car! We have a 65 in Silver Blue in our garage in the US and an 06 vert on a boat on it's way to the UK right now (and a bug in each garage too :) )
Keep it std please, in Europe we keep cars std a lot more than they are in the US, changing the engine matters a lot in the UK for resale etc but not so much in the US.
Good story, my step dad has my mum's dream car in his garage, she bought it the day they got engaged and he'll never part with it!

Kate
Joey has already picked up the 347 Stroker and is waiting on his Kenny Bell Supercharger to come in... He wants more power, but at the same time he is keeping the Inline 6 and original parts that he changes! So if he ever wants to change her back all her parts can be put on! :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet Stang. Once I finish my 56 AC VW I am going to start on my Dad's 64 1/2 260 V8(hardtop). He bought it new (around 2K I think) so I will be the 2nd owner. Think the clock reads 140K but I don't remember right off hand. Solid car with minor body issues, original engine trans and diff so it will be matching numbers correct, if I knew how to verify that. Needs some TLC went through 4 kids and still in excellent condition for the age.

Me being the car nut I am, was the lucky one who inherited it, guess the old man knew I would do it right and restore it like he would have.

This will be one car that will never leave our family.

Time will come when I have to make a decision which nephew (no kids) will become the 3rd owner.
Awesome!

Love Mustangs- I have owned two myself, but they weren't nearly as prestine as dear sweet Ethel! :)
We are actually trying to find me a AC VW Beetle or a VW Type 181 to restore! Got any recommendations on a certain year? We have a friend in AZ that recommends 74s... think she is partial because that is the year of her sweet Cherry!

I am so in :heart: with the AC Beetles!
:jumpy:
My parents live in Alabama by Ft. Rucker and there is an AC VW graveyard :( approx. 50 plus (VW) live waiting to give life or get new life (or at least that is what I like to believe)!!! Everytime we drive by I always beg to stop! :grovel:

Diggin the Magnum wheels. That is 1 straight car! The nice thing about owning one of those is you can buy ANYTHING for it at mustangs plus....That, and it's BEAUTIFUL!
Thank you... I love those wheels on her too! :)

You can get a "discreet" aftermarket a/c unit for ANY application these days.
Thanks for the suggestions-- Joey is actually Googling some now! LOL!!! :D

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts
Joey has already picked up the 347 Stroker and is waiting on his Kenny Bell Supercharger to come in... He wants more power, but at the same time he is keeping the Inline 6 and original parts that he changes! So if he ever wants to change her back all her parts can be put on! :D
Very nice Stang! :cool: Great story and a better idea keeping all the original parts! A 347 Blown Stroker Motor! :eek: You're not kidding about making it faster. Ethel Mae will be at least twice as fast! :bigthumb: :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts