NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
They only have the rear for 98-2001! Whats up with that? And why is the back always so much more than the front badge?

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
oops - sorry i didnt even think of you guys needing the newer kind. i'm so used to lookin for 98 stuff i forgot there was a difference.

the rear is so much more expensive at least for the 98-01 kind, because its a lot more of an emblem than the front.

basically, the front is a big sticker made out of plastic with a fancy enamel front and two plastic prongs in the back. the rear emblem is actually a thick disk of metal with a relatively huge metal prong out the back that attaches to the trunk mechanism so that you can swivel it and put your key in.

the newer rear emblems are cheaper than the 98-01 rears because they dont swivel and are more of a sticker-type emblem.

i can take pics of the difference between front and rear if you like.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
just lookin around the web real quick, cheapest i can find the newer rear emblem is 51.95.

and thats here:
landspeed
and moldynamics

ive heard lots of good feedback about landspeed, but moldnamics is new to me.

hope that helps. :wave3:

·
18,312 Posts
Thanks! Are these hard to install on your own? I'm so afraid of messing my little girl up!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Thanks! Are these hard to install on your own? I'm so afraid of messing my little girl up!
Amy i think ours are just "glued" on. I think someone had said to use a hair dryer and dental floss or something to remove the old ones.

·
18,312 Posts
FineExampl said:
Amy i think ours are just "glued" on. I think someone had said to use a hair dryer and dental floss or something to remove the old ones.
The front ones...so we have to reglue the euro badges? What about the back ones? Those are probably tough to do because its the kind that flips to reveal the trunk handle.

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
use the org's how-to for the front one:

Front and Rear Euro Emblem Install - How-To

unfortunately i dunno much at all about your rear emblem, but it cant be harder than the 98-01 installation (on the same page), and i did that in about 45 mins so signs point to good.

and the fronts come with the sticky stuff you need on them.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
The front ones...so we have to reglue the euro badges? What about the back ones? Those are probably tough to do because its the kind that flips to reveal the trunk handle.
OOOh you have a trunk handle?? Not me. Mine's electric. I can't get in the trunk without hitting a button. I think that's one of the things that separates the first run of 02s from the last run.:)

·
18,312 Posts
manoverboard987 said:
use the org's how-to for the front one:

Front and Rear Euro Emblem Install - How-To

unfortunately i dunno much at all about your rear emblem, but it cant be harder than the 98-01 installation (on the same page), and i did that in about 45 mins so signs point to good.

and the fronts come with the sticky stuff you need on them.
OY! I need to buy tools??? LOL That doesnt look too bad. Maybe I'll get Skittle some euro emblems for Christmas!! :goodjob:

Oh! And thanks for all that info! You rock! :guitar:

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
FineExampl said:
OOOh you have a trunk handle?? Not me. Mine's electric. I can't get in the trunk without hitting a button. I think that's one of the things that separates the first run of 02s from the last run.:)
yeah - i thought 01 was the last year with the swivel emblem and handle :confused:

·
18,312 Posts
FineExampl said:
You sure? I can use the button on the fob to get in the trunk or my emblem swivels. You sure you dont have a handle on it? :confused: I did notice you have reg headrests not the doughnut ones...must be another thing that makes the 02's and 02.5's different...I like my doughnut headrests! :goodjob:

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
You sure? I can use the button on the fob to get in the trunk or my emblem swivels. You sure you dont have a handle on it? :confused: I did notice you have reg headrests not the doughnut ones...must be another thing that makes the 02's and 02.5's different...I like my doughnut headrests! :goodjob:
Yeah i removed my rear headrests and i like it. I want the donut ones. I want a leather interior anyway so i'm not worrying.

Yeah i don't have a swivel badge. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts