NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's an easy one I think. Which side does the euro rear fog go on. I've seen is put on both the driver and passenger side, but which side is the truly authentic side to have it on? I guess it will work on either side and I ahd thought it was to be on the driver side. Also when ordering the red lens is it necessary to order it for one side or the other or is it a unifersal part for both sides? Thanks for helping clear this up.:)

·
1,255 Posts
Not sure if there is a proper side. When I installed mine on the drivers side, I couldn't see very well at night when backing - no left side light. So I removed the fog light. With that in mind, consider it on the right. But right may be wrong. It would give the wrong indication (which side to clear) to a vehicle approaching from the rear. :confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,308 Posts
It goes on the drivers side depending on what country you are in. For the UK it goes on the right side, the rest of Europe, the left side. Also, the lens is specific to the side of the bug. The left and right are not interchangeable.

Below is a pic of my beetle with the rear fog in Germany.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts