VW Beetle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have part numbers and/or a source for the front clear corner lights and rear red fog light on the European 2006 New Beetle? I've attached some pictures below to illustrate the lights I'm talking about. Also, any idea if the newer Euroswitch used in the Mk V Jetta would work or is there a specific one I need to use? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,367 Posts
If I can get a VIN number for an 05, I might be able to get the part numbers from the dealer downtown.

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
The '06 NB/NBC is still on the MkIV platform and I believe that the headlight switches are identical so the standard Euroswitch will work.

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
Except that the first switch pictured is out of a Jetta/Golf V, not the '06 NB/NBC.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I know. I asked if the Mk V switch would work in the 2006 New Beetle. The pictures above show a Mk V switch from a Jetta along with a Mk IV switch from a New Beetle. Other than cosmetics it seems the only difference is the coming home feature which I don't think the New Beetle supports in it's programming.

They do have a version of the Mk V switch without the coming home function though. Still unknown if it is physically compatible.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Your best bet Concept1 is to get a MK4 Euroswitch. That's what you need and also, what will work. As for the rear fog, see if squeebug can't get it for you. :)

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
Concept1 said:
Yes I know. I asked if the Mk V switch would work in the 2006 New Beetle. The pictures above show a Mk V switch from a Jetta along with a Mk IV switch from a New Beetle. Other than cosmetics it seems the only difference is the coming home feature which I don't think the New Beetle supports in it's programming.

They do have a version of the Mk V switch without the coming home function though. Still unknown if it is physically compatible.
Sorry, didn't know that's all you were looking for. No, the Mk V switch will not work, it has a different plug.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
squeebug said:
If I can get a VIN number for an 05, I might be able to get the part numbers from the dealer downtown.
I would need them for a 2006 New Beetle though as they are totally different from the 2005 models. Don't have the car yet though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts