NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is the right place to post but I need to know where the evaporator temperature sensor is located for the air conditioner.

I looked around and I don't see it so it must be hiding somewhere.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I don't think that these cars use temperature sensors to control the a/c system, at least not with the standard climate control. The cycling of the a/c clutch is controlled by a pressure switch on the low pressure side of the system. Why do you think the evaporator should have a temperature sensor?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think that these cars use temperature sensors to control the a/c system, at least not with the standard climate control. The cycling of the a/c clutch is controlled by a pressure switch on the low pressure side of the system. Why do you think the evaporator should have a temperature sensor?
The air condition is not cold, refrigerant level is good, pump is running, I can hear it go into the car, at least is sounds like it's flowing in.

I thought maybe the temperature sensor was bad so I bought one, I don't know how I could buy one if it didn't have one, but I guess I will have to think about what else it could be.

The door seems to be working properly, when I turn it to warm it's hot air, when I turn it to cold it's not cold just room temperature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts