NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are (that I know of) at least 3 or 4 types/brands/etc. of NB headlight eyelids. I, personally dont like the....erm, "pothead bug" ones that make em look high. (party on NB's, party on.)

So I'm looking for the lids that make them look angry! and EVIL!

HELP?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, theres vinyl covers, sure, those work well. But vinyl is really my last resort. I want carbon fiber lids, with some 3rd dimension worked into the design, (this'll look wicked with the carbon fiber hood!) Though it's possible that eyelids dont even exist for Beetles, and it was me who was smokin somethin...

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Are you talkin about the GTS mean style eyelids? I dont think they ever made CF ones, but they did come black unpainted. I dont know if the'yre still in production or where you can get em from, but the'yre the template for the vynil ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ooooo, i LOVE em! Think i'll give Ebay a shot on those...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wait, the lids on that yellow beetle are xenon brand? those would look great with C-F overlays.

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
MY1STNB said:
honestly i think that that hood looks like a girls naughty part:eek: sorry i didnt mean to sound like a typical teenage boy but i had to say it

But i love that front lower skirt that is hott
I was thinkin' it too, but didn't want to say it.:D

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
MY1STNB said:
honestly i think that that hood looks like a girls naughty part:eek: sorry i didnt mean to sound like a typical teenage boy but i had to say it

But i love that front lower skirt that is hott
:lol: Now that I look at it again...

Going back to topic, I also kinda dig the "evil" eyelids. Not sure if I would go vinyl or not though

·
Super Moderator
8,913 Posts
Never understood why anyone would pay $35+ for plastic eyelids that stick to the car.

Vinyl...Free...replaceable and removable!

I have redone mine a few times...easy to do and if you get the scraps from a vinyl shop then it is also free. They do last quite a while as well. From 5 feet you can't tell they are vinyl. Besides, they don't cause drag like those plastic add ons! :ha:

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
Mine dont "drag" that much cuz the gts ones lay flat unlike hte xenon ones. and they have a popping presence over vynil. but either way, it looks alot better with a painted headlight mod.

·
It's a shot glass!
1,530 Posts
gilligan said:
I think he's talking about the xenon eyelids I got a set sitting here waiting for the rest of the body parts to show up and then its off to the paint shop. I personally like the stoned look helps keep the cops from lookin at my eyes hehehe. Sure wish I could afford one of these hoods too but $920.00 is too steep for me.
I don't know about that hood... I can already hear people saying "Checkout that Beetle's Camel Toe" or "Hey... your Camel Toe is showing!!!":lol: Sorry for getting :eek:fftopic:

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I need to spend more time in the photo area!

I dint think flames would look good on a NB at all, and now, I have been proven wrong. eyelids work too!

I prefer the Xenon ones, (I think I'll be going with those) they add that round 3rd dimension, that I think the beetle's unique styling is asking for. It's a perfect compliment.

as far as drag goes, meh. Some sites are advertising the xenon lids as "aerodynamic"... somehow.... it is possible though, because of the angle, the cupped part of the lid may not catch much, or any drag at all.

·
Banned
2,553 Posts
SinfulDeity said:
I dint think flames would look good on a NB at all, and now, I have been proven wrong. eyelids work too!
made my day!!!! :)

jazzcat said:
where can i find the 'stoned' covers? i think my bug will be getting those after plates
these are the same eyelids... just position em on the other side of the headlight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts