NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, it's 20vconvbug here. I thought I'd take the opportunity to change my username after the site was updated. Here's the latest on my Bug as of November 2007:

ENGINE: 1.8T 20v four-cylinder with custom Garrett GT2871 turbo kit, Unitronics 630cc software, 630cc injectors, Tyrolsport SMIC, Bailey diverter valve, GReddy boost limiter, R32 airbox and 3" MAF sensor, polished intake pipe, blue silicone couplers, Pag Parts hi-flo exhaust manifold with custom 3" downpipe and cat, Techtonics Tuning 2.5” cat-back exhaust with Borla rear silencer, custom 2.5” tailpipe, and Caractere exhaust tip, Quaife ATB differential, G60 flywheel, VR6 clutch, Optima YellowTop battery, Reflex silver engine cover

CHASSIS: 18x7.5” Porsche 993 Turbo Technology hollow spoke alloys with Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 225/40/ZR18 tires, Porsche color crest center caps, anodized Porsche lug nuts, H&R 25mm 5x130 wheel adapters, Porsche 993 Turbo Big Red front brake conversion, stainless steel brake lines, red rear calipers, ECS Tuning Stage 1R V2 12.1" rear brake kit, Hawk pads, Shine Racing Real Street suspension with Shine Racing springs and Bilstein shocks, Porsche inflatable spare

OUTSIDE: New Beetle Turbo S front bumper conversion, Caractere rear spoiler with central exhaust, Philips HID kit, Porsche “Turbo” script, Turbo S vented fender liner

INSIDE: MkIV R32 seats, rear seat, armrest, and ski pass all reupholstered in black leather with cream leather inserts, door and rear side panel inserts retrimmed in black leather, blue alcantara/aluminum/plexiglass VW emblem in ski pass with blue LED illumination, Turbo S pedal set, Turbo S 5-speed shift knob and boot, European headlight switch, Bernt 3-gauge dash pod, VDO Vision boost pressure, oil temp, and water temp gauges with blue LED bulbs, Turbo S flower vase, Audi TT dash vents with custom ducts, body color dash components, navy blue alcantara trunk lining, Mercedes-Benz trunk carpeting, blue LED trunk lighting, speaker mesh rear ski pass cover, Touareg rechargeable torch, Driver Gear cell phone holder, smoker’s kit

ICE: Alpine CDA-9833 CD/MP3/WMA receiver, Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD/MP3 changer, MB Quart Q Line front speakers and Reference Line rear speakers, Audison LRx 4.300 and LRx 1.400 amps, JL Audio W6v2 10” sub, 1968-1972 Volkswagen Bus emblem sub grille, MTA capacitor

SHOUT: Scott Volkswagen, Shine Racing Service, Advanced Audio Designs, Direct Tire, TyrolSport

CLUB AFFILIATION: WASSERWERKS, Southern New England's VW/Audi Club

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I hope everyone had a good Turkey Day. I have been really lazy about restarting my thread here, but I have just organized the pics of my Bug, and I will have the negatives scanned and posted soon. Meanwhile, I'll post some old ones. BTW, has anyone seen the Eos? That car is gorgeous AND quite a bit more practical than my Bug. It will be my next car, and I plan to get one when I turn 30 in 2009, but I'm not parting with either of my current VWs.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P.S. Can someone remind me how to create a hyperlink signature on the bottom of my posts? Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bear with me. Some of these pics were taken by Lam's digital camera (thanks Lam), but some were photos that were scanned, and have poor quality. I'm working on scanning my negatives, and will replace the bad ones as soon as I can. Anyway, here's what my interior looks like now with the reupholstered R32 seats.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a shot of the rear that Lam took. You can see the Caractere rear valence and tail pipe.

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, it's that time of year again to put the ol' Bug into storage...at least the facility is 5 minutes from home, and I can drive it on the weekends provided it doesn't snow!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can someone give some suggestions for jpeg shrinkers? I had a bunch of negatives scanned onto CDs, and the pics are HUGE. I looked at a bumch of sites that had picture shrinking software, but had no idea of how to tell the good ones from the bad ones. So what do you all use?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just got Picassa from Google. Let's see if it works. You should see a pic of my new interior taken at the Woodstock VW show in NY.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,766 Posts
Well, your Galactic Blue NBC looks nothing like the Galactic Blue I test drove one night in January 2003! :bigthumb:

Wouldn't it be great if all NB's came with the pass through/armrest for the back seat? :(

Those seats were made for your NBC! Right on! :party:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the compliments on all 3 cars! I happened to be at the right place at the right time when I got those seats. My VW club, Wasserwerks, puts on a small non-competetive show every June, and Momemtum Tuning from CT had a tent there. I happened to ask if they knew anyone selling their R32 seats, and not only did they have a pair, but the seats also had cloth instead of leather inserts. My car's original interior was cream, but I could not reupholster the whole R32 seats in cream because I would lose the special side airbag stitching, which can only be reproduced by a special machine that only the factory has. The whole point of going with R32 seats was to keep the side airbags. So, my only option was to upholster only the inserts with cream leather and totally redo the rear seat and armrests to match. So, since the seats I bought had the cloth inserts, I saved 300 bucks off of the average price of R32 seats with leather inserts. Plus, I picked them up using my father's Passat wagon, thus saving on shipping! It is so hard to find R32 seats, let alone CLOTH ones!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I swear, everyone is reacting as if they've never seen my car before. Don't get me wrong! I REALLY REALLY appreciate the props, but I'm not new to the 'org. I just took the opportunity to change my user name from 20vconvbug to EVZBUG when the new site was established. It's short for, "Evan's Bug, but with a "z".

1 - 20 of 257 Posts