NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes a good cat-back exhaust system for the 06's. I am interested in one that sounds good, as well as a good fit. Thanks in advance--

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Techtonics already has one out for the 2.5 in the Jetta, so I'm guessing their NB/NBC exhaust is in development. Either that, or maybe one could adapt a 2.5" 1.8T exhaust to fit. I'm guessing the second option is probably going to be easier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know when one will be available for the 2.5? I was at my dealer on Saturday and had the chance to look at a turbo model for comparison and it looks identical to the 2.5 cat back. I have been searching for a new exhaust for my 06 NBC but haven't seen any vendor with one available yet. My big concern with going with one that is currently available for the turbo model is the diameter for for proper back pressure.

·
CRAZ4VW
520 Posts
I really believe that the 1.8T and 2.5 exhausts are the same from the cat, back. To confirm, go to your dealer and ask them to pull the part #'s for the 1.8T muffler and the 2.5 muffler. If the parts are identical, then any 1.8T cat-back exhaust will work on your 2.5

·
Stilrunin
46 Posts
Muffler

If you have a 2.0 liter, I have a great VW/Remus Perforamnce muffler for sale, check it our in parts an accessories section

Great price, one year old, great sound, great deal!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts