VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so tried to fix my ac and found out i need an expansion valve. any good brand u guys can recommend and a DIY. thanks

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
diy

so tried to fix my ac and found out i need an expansion valve. any good brand u guys can recommend and a DIY. thanks
Good luck on finding that diy, I don't think there is one. LOL :p. Expansion valve is fairly easy it's mounted by the right firewall with 4 allen head screws. I would recommend buying an oem part and stay away from ebay parts. Replace the 4 old O-rings also. If you have never worked on A/C systems I would recommend taking the car to an A/C shop for them to evacuate all your old Freon, then you can replace the part, take it back to the A/c shop and have them pull a vacuum on your system and put the correct amount of Freon back in. Or you can do most of that work yourself also you just have to buy the right equipment for doing that. good luck and keep us posted.

TIP; keep everything as clean as possible outside the tubing and surrounding area, don't cross contaminate chemicals or things.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts