VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I would like someone to tell me the steps i need to follow to replace my 2.0 litre new beetle CLUTCH.
Recently...my clutch went on my car and now i have in my possesion a new clutch kit, i need to know how to replace it with the old one, I have a ramp....all necesary tools, but dont know where to start, i will be working with my brother, who is training to be a mechanic but doesnt yet have the knowledge to replace my clutch...

I would be very very very gratefull if someone could write the steps down for me and IF poss, some pictures??

Thank you very much,
i look forward to some news!
Yoshinumber1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much, i have a guy here in Spain, he is willing to charge me 150€ dont know what it is in dollars, for 5 hours labour, 30€ an hour, and i got my clutch free on an online competition....(long story)
I will take Bertie (my new beetles name) to my trusty mechanic.
all i wanted was some advice.
thanks

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
This is NOT an exact DIY for the project you had in mind. But it'll give you a good idea of what parts you'll need, and what needs to take place.

VWvortex Forums: 1.8T 02m Clutch DIY

IMO 150€ ($204USD) is WELL WORTH IT. (I've done 3 clutch installs.)

But I worry that it may be TOO cheap. ... 5hours does sound about right though. So use your best judgement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you very much!! That thread was very much appreciated!!!
I have got a good idea of what it involves now!
Once again...Thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts