NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Am I being paged again?
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is on my pre-owned 2006 New Beetle, bought from the Autobarn VW dealership in Mount Prospect Illinois in 2009.

I am very satisfied with the service I got on several "expensive annoyance" (not safety related) type repairs that were fully covered by the warranty. There were also a few "factory recall" issues that were handled just right. No engine or tranny problems at all.

Routine maintenance rather pricey, of course. But I knew that going in.

I use the car every day, but I don't put a lot of miles on it. I plan on keeping it until at least 2016.

It better not start falling apart right now. :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
That is on my pre-owned 2006 New Beetle, bought from the Autobarn VW dealership in Mount Prospect Illinois in 2009.

I am very satisfied with the service I got on several "expensive annoyance" (not safety related) type repairs that were fully covered by the warranty. There were also a few "factory recall" issues that were handled just right. No engine or tranny problems at all.

Routine maintenance rather pricey, of course. But I knew that going in.

I use the car every day, but I don't put a lot of miles on it. I plan on keeping it until at least 2016.

It better not start falling apart right now. :)
Cross your fingers!

Didn't work for me, might for you.

In 2004, about 6 months after the warranty would have covered the repair, the compressor for the AC broke, the stem that extends for one of the lines broke off.

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
:lol: I understand. I bought my first "new" car in 1988, and after that, rarely kept a car past the warranty period. I did keep that car, a 1998 Nissan Sentra, for six years. It never gave me one iota of trouble, even when I didn't take very good care of it. I did get one recall notice, about five years in. It was for the seatbelt release button. They replaced it, I forget what for. That was a great car.

Now that I am poor, a non warrantied car is my life. I try to keep it maintained, clean, I pray a lot, and cross my fingers.

So far, it has worked for me. Good luck to you!~ :D

·
Am I being paged again?
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One last warranty repair. A loose brake handle.

They had to order the part before the warranty ran out, so it's still covered.

Well at least it hasn't collapsed in a heap yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts