NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somewhat embarrassed to ask, but I have a 2000 NB, and would like to upgrade the factory installed FM/AM/Cassette player. Can someone suggest a simple, uncomplicated replacement that would allow me to play CD's? I do not want to get into tearing my car apart.

The current unit is acceptable...just looking for something that would not ruin the dash, and offer better audio quality.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check out Crutchfield.com They have all types and prices of in-dash stereos. I had purchased a Kenwood 4028 from them which was able to play regular CD's and CD's with MP3 files. You can get a lot of music on a CD in MP3 format. Also it is Sirius sat ready, which is why I bought it. I thought it looked nice in my dash. Crutchfield will supply you with an installation kit, and it becomes very easy to change out the radio. They also have back up phone support and are very knowledgable and helpful, I have bought a number of car stereos from them. I always prefer to do my own install rather than let just anyone at those car stereo stores mess with the install.

Larry

·
Godwyn
2 Posts
I also recommend crutchfield. I got my kenwood mp3 deck from there and was very impressed with the service from them. They give you most everything you need to do the install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts