NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A4 Carbeau Racing Seats (set of two) with custom mounting brackets, black cloth, standard width...

High density injection molded foam, ergonomical design, harness belt capability, integrated shoulder, kidney and thigh support, leatherette high wear patches, fully adjustable seat back with a flip forward fingertip controlled lever for rear access.

Cost $640.00 new
plus $54.00 for brackets . . .

asking $500 obo for seats & brackets

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hygieneboy said:
Location? Can you see over the steering wheel or do you feel like your riding sitting on the floor?:D
Well I'm only 5'3" and had no problem with the height of the racing seats. As a matter of fact, I didn't notice any difference but I was used to driving an Eclipse and those seats sat low as well. I would imagine if you were used to driving a truck or a van, you might feel like you were sitting on the floor, otherwise, shouldn't feel much different than other sports cars.

I'm in east-central Indiana.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fowvay said:
Do the sliders go back further than stock?

I am 6'5" and with the seat being lower would need it to go further back to compensate for the loss in leg room.
Let me check that ... my husband is 6" and had no problem but that is still 5" shorter than you are. Do you drive with the OEM seats as far back and as close to the floor as they will go?

·
Premium Member
4,315 Posts
Keimax4h said:
Let me check that ... my husband is 6" and had no problem but that is still 5" shorter than you are. Do you drive with the OEM seats as far back and as close to the floor as they will go?
Yes I do and I barely have enough room. My knee just barely clears the dash board and my head barely clears the roof.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fowvay said:
Yes I do and I barely have enough room. My knee just barely clears the dash board and my head barely clears the roof.
I won't ask the obvious question because I know how we all feel about our NB's so . . .

The seats have already been taken out of the car so I'm not sure how to get the answer to your question. It is my belief that they do slide back farther because the bracket they fit on it longer and it seems like the seat back will go back until it touches the back seat but . . . I could have just dreamed this . . . I went to the website where the seats came from but didn't see any information regarding that so I sent them a message asking about it. I will post when I get a response.

I would think there would be someone else here on the org that has or has had these seats, maybe I could post a new thread asking that question unless you happen to know someone who might know.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fowvay said:
Do the sliders go back further than stock?

I am 6'5" and with the seat being lower would need it to go further back to compensate for the loss in leg room.
Sorry for the delay in response. Here is what I learned...

I forwarded your question to Corbeau tech, this is their answer:
Should sit about stock height. As far as sliding, we have 4 inch extender bars that will allow them to slide back further. These are an extra $18.50 per bracket. and ...

. . . very similar to stock. Let's just stay we sold thousands of our seats in Beetles and have never heard of any issues.
Just let me know if there are any other questions. I can check shipping for you if you want to send me your zip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts