VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have removed slider switch assy. Both switches giving me permanent signal through switch regardless of switched pressed in or out. Roof hadd suddenly stopped working. This morning I got in it and it opened but didn't shut, or the flaps go back down or locks activate. Thought it had cured itself this morning...... Is it possible for both switches to fail at same time. Should they be open or closed circuit when not pressed in?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And it's stopped working again. Assume because computer confused as no switch. Well it better be. Front switch works but doesn't lower windows now etc so hope it's all related. Yet it went up and down when removed f171 mechanism. Give up grrrr

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And it's stopped working again. Assume because computer confused as no switch. Well it better be. Front switch works but doesn't lower windows now etc so hope it's all related. Yet it went up and down when removed f171 mechanism. Give up grrrr
And now boot solenoid stopped. Why am I wasting time every Saturday on this grief

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Do you have a acess to a vw scan tool? This can really help;!diagnose the problem more intelligently.

Here is vcds by ross tech; in use showing live data and a work around for a failed sensor:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorted my boot broken wires again. The roof must be because got f171 removed now. The switches were both constantly made, pressing in and out made no difference to tester bleep meter.it did however work up and down without f171 fitted until I checked front switch as precaution. After I clicked that in and out nothing now happens. Guess computer confused. The windows don't lower off that roof lever or flaps . Guess will be okay once new switch F171 fitted

·
Registered
18,118 Posts
Ok, keep us updated; as you get new parts installed and work though the troubleshooting process. Thanks! :)

PS: when the data bus goes down; you might to do a hard reset and see if that restores functionality, even if for a little while (the remaining persistent fault will come back and typically freeze things again).

Hard reset: remove + and - battery cables; touch them together and reinstall on the battery. Done! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts