NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, because I am feeling super tired and lazy (and because there are 58 pics), I will post a couple of the pictures taken today...the rest are viewable from the link provided ;)

When everyone got here

Bridgette is still not ready to be driven so she couldn't join in the cruise today, here is our first stop

2nd stop

Spiderman aka Joel

3rd stop

Attack of the red beetles!!!!!!!!!! Our 4th stop, at a fort built a really long time ago

Last stop, at Lake Koshkonong

Drivers with their cars :D

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
the first picture reminds of this :grouphug:
Exactly what I thought. :)

Looks like a great time Casey! Beautiful weather, too! :party:

·
Old & New Beetles
2,244 Posts
Great pics; cool GTG!

I like also that old Fort picture and lakeside pics :)

Hi hi, Joel is really a Spiderman! He will do unbelievable things to get a cool pic! I remember one ToD-picture, where he can be seen climbing up to the telegraph post or something... :D

:thup:

PS. you made very nice birthday cake; I bet it was delicious!

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Where in Wisconsin was this, and when? I live in Eau Claire, and would have loved to participate in a NB only cruise, even if there were only a few cars. Ever since I went to Roswell earlier this last summer, I've decided I would love to start or join a water-cooled Beetle club, even if it was informal, but I question if there would be much interest. Please let me know more about this event!

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This was in Fort Atkinson, about an hour south west of Milwaukee.

We try to do something once a month, this is actually the first time we have had more than 2 beetles and it was AWESOME!!!!! Everyone had a great time, keep an eye on the "Chicago/Milwaukee/Detroit Area GTG" thread for updates on where we will be meeting next :)

Hope to see you one of these months, feel free to add your input on where you would like to meet up also. We try and do it at a place where it is kind of in the middle for everyone

·
Dubbed Spiderman
2,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
This was in Fort Atkinson, about an hour south west of Milwaukee.

We try to do something once a month, this is actually the first time we have had more than 2 beetles and it was AWESOME!!!!! Everyone had a great time, keep an eye on the "Chicago/Milwaukee/Detroit Area GTG" thread for updates on where we will be meeting next :)

Hope to see you one of these months, feel free to add your input on where you would like to meet up also. We try and do it at a place where it is kind of in the middle for everyone
I'll definitely keep an eye out from now on. Eau Claire is over on the other side of Wisconsin, about 100 miles east of Minneapolis and 180 miles northwest of Madison. So, anything east of Chicago would be a stretch, But I'm happy to see any NB-specific gatherings in this part of the country. I work every two weekends out of three, but I very well could hook up with you guys if given ample notice. I also have a Cyber Green Beetle, a 2000 GLS. :D

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll definitely keep an eye out from now on. Eau Claire is over on the other side of Wisconsin, about 100 miles east of Minneapolis and 180 miles northwest of Madison. So, anything east of Chicago would be a stretch, But I'm happy to see any NB-specific gatherings in this part of the country. I work every two weekends out of three, but I very well could hook up with you guys if given ample notice. I also have a Cyber Green Beetle, a 2000 GLS. :D
We have only done one GTG east of Chicago and that was to meet up with a fellow .orger who was here visiting her family.

Like I said, this is the first GTG where there were more than 2 beetles, I am assuming we are going to be kinda staying somewhat near here, maybe Milwaukee, we could do Madison. Scott and I have gone down to IL a couple times but it was real close to the border, about an hour or so from Fort Atkinson.

We just have to talk about it and see what everybody wants to do, and we will try to plan more than 2 weeks ahead of time.

Cyber Greens FTW!!!! That would be really cool to have a fellow "greenie" show up :)

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Even with this being the first GTG with more than 2 Beetles doesn't bother me, because modern Beetle events have to start somewhere and evolve. I'm in an all-VW club up here, and it started out with just 4 cars. But water-cooled Beetle GTGs, regardless of how many or few participate, are very special to me.

In addition to my 2000 Cyber Green, I'm planning on eventually getting a 2012 model as well. If not for my wife's objections, I'd have one now! :D

·
Fiona's proud mom <3
4,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Even with this being the first GTG with more than 2 Beetles doesn't bother me, because modern Beetle events have to start somewhere and evolve. I'm in an all-VW club up here, and it started out with just 4 cars. But water-cooled Beetle GTGs, regardless of how many or few participate, are very special to me.

In addition to my 2000 Cyber Green, I'm planning on eventually getting a 2012 model as well. If not for my wife's objections, I'd have one now! :D
That is a very good point, and even when it is 2 beetles it is still fun just hanging out.

You aren't the only one hoping for a 2012 Beetle ;) I too hope to have one in addition to Fiona

1 - 20 of 33 Posts