NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Excuse me, I have problems with the fans of my beetle, they do not turn on and the car heats up, they only turn on when I turn on the air conditioning and they turn off when I turn off the air conditioning can help me !!!

New Beetle 2.0L 1999

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts

Check #3 and #8 fuse inside engine compartment and also check fuse #16 inside the car. If the fuses are fine you could have a bad cooling fan thermo switch or wiring going to it. It is on the bottom left hand side of the radiator. Don't know when you changed the thermostat if it is stuck closed it wouldn't heat the circuit to turn the fans on.

·
5/23/10 <3
11,045 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Your low fan speed is not working. Check fuse 8 on the battery panel from the link in the earlier post. Wiggle it and see if you can get it to make contact. Corrosion in the fuse panel is a common problem. Also, the problem could be the fan motors.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The low speed fans should come on when the A/C is switched on, so you can check it that way.

·
phantom302
229 Posts
Heidi was having A/C problems and in the process of fixing that I found that the fans are 2 speed. One of the fan motors had lost the low speed. Just something to check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts