NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Beetle hates me.

Iv'e given her a new waterpump, sertine belt, timing belt, thermostate and several new headlights all in the last few months. Now her engine fans and headlights are going in and out. Unless, my mechanic is looking at her then all is well.

Any insite? I just don't know what she wants and neither do the mechanics.

HELP ME PLEEEEESE

Prudence

1999 New Beetle

·
beetle driver for life
1,151 Posts
In the six years that your New Beetle has been on this earth how many times have electrial lines been disconnected? And when they were pulled apart was it done correctly. Sounds like lose connections.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
prudence said:
My Beetle hates me.

Iv'e given her a new waterpump, sertine belt, timing belt, thermostate and several new headlights all in the last few months. Now her engine fans and headlights are going in and out. Unless, my mechanic is looking at her then all is well.

Any insite? I just don't know what she wants and neither do the mechanics.

HELP ME PLEEEEESE

Prudence

1999 New Beetle
In addition to electrical connections, the relay that controls the coolant fans should be checked as well as the headlight switch, ignition switch and the fan control module. A VW tech using the VAG-COM scanner can scan some areas by using the scanner and a digital multi-meter that measures voltage, amps,ect.should be used to trace the circuits that apply to these areas. Good Luck, JK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts