NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Perhaps it's your connection, or your browser. I'm running XP with IE8 (not 9), on a T2 connection and I have no speed issues. I have heard that Chrome will run much faster.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
No issues with speed here. Works great at home on my laptop running on wireless.

·
Registered
11,569 Posts
I would test your connection here: Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test
As with anything on the web; the speed of your connection fluctuates based on the usage during different times of the day. Try coming back later and see if the loading of the page is different. If you really have a issue... contact your service provider and they can test from their end... good luck! :)
PS: I have had page loading go down to a crawl at times; I'm thinking it maybe on my end and not the sites...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't think it is on my end, only site i have problems with. This time it took a long time for Gary Smith Honda Ad? to load. Also Quaker State Real Durable Oil, etc.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Run a web browser with ad-block. It will probably help. Firefox has a good ad-block add on.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Firefox and AdBlock Plus. Done.
When i did this a few months ago, it does load up quicker. If only a few milliseconds quicker.

However, i did find that it also blocks out FLASH videos so i removed it and since the new Firefox upgrade haven't needed to add it again :)

·
Want to do a drive.
1,791 Posts
The issue is the Ads. There has been many times that I've waited for the page to load and the url it's getting is a ad server that hangs it up.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
What flash videos are you getting? I get none with Firefox + adblock.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Download a program called Ghostery. I'm a vendor sponsor on many Honda/Acura forums, and if it weren't for Ghostery, I'd never get ANYTHING to load. Amazing how much crapola it blocks :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've also found this to be the slowest loading forum I've frequented, the ads seem to be killing the load times. I can watch the page load like I'm on sub 56k dialup at times. . . I assure you, I'm not. :mad:

My connection is fast enough it often ends up testing the speedtest servers rather than my internet connection.

·
Wife's 01 1.8T mechanic
629 Posts
Really ? A lot of Adverts are made in Flash
You can roll your eyes all you want, but you obviously don't understand how Adblock Plus works. It will only block what you ASK IT TO. If you want a flash ad blocked, right click, block, done. When you first install it, you pick a subscription and that automatically blocks the most common ads. If something is blocked that shouldn't be, you simply open the blockable items on the page, and unblock the item you want to see.

Since I seem to be talking into the wind, I'll exit this topic. One last time: if you want your sites that use advertising to load instanteneously, use Firefox and Adblock Plus. Once you try it, you will wonder how you ever got by without.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Like i said, slow server. You souldn't have to go pay for a progam or download more junk in your computer to view a site.

Just saying

Great info though

1 - 20 of 23 Posts