NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm from the PHilippines, have a 03 New Beetle 1.6L, just got my Vagcom today, i scanned my bug and I have four faults, any of you guys familiar with the codes? The service and support here sucks, hope you guys can help me, here are the faults. Thanks in advance
4 Faults Found:
17911 - Load Signal from Alternator Term. DF: Implausible Signal

P1503 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17925 - Main Relay (J271): Electrical Malfunction

P1517 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer

P1570 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

16555 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1: System Too Lean

P0171 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 0000

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
Let's start off asking a few questions.
Is the CEL light on?
Will the car start?
If the car starts, do you see anything wrong with the way it runs?

The "16555 - Fuel Trim; Bank 1: System Too Lean" usually means a vacuum leak in one of the hoses.

"17911 - Load Signal from Alternator Term. DF: Implausible Signal" is usually caused by "17925 - Main Relay (J271): Electrical Malfunction" and can cause "17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer" to happen.

"Readiness: 0000 0000" shows that the car passed the computer diagnostic trouble test.
Start by clearing all the codes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope the CEL light is not on,
the car starts and is running normal,
but there was noise when i was on drive and found out there was a small hole in the pipe right after the intake manifold, had it repaired already
i tried clearing all codes, but after a few weeks the fault
17911 - Load Signal from Alternator Term. DF: Implausible Signal" ,17925 - Main Relay (J271): Electrical Malfunction and 17978 - Engine Start Blocked by Immobilizer appears again,
but for the system too lean fault, it appears again after i run the car for a few mins or so...
so does that mean that i just need to change the relay? btw i have sound system installed in the car, does this have to do with any of the faults?
sorry for asking some stupid questions, NB are not common here in the Philippines...

·
180 Degrees out of faze
841 Posts
OK, yes, depending on the sound system, it can do strange things. With some you need a special adaptor that goes between the in car wire harness and the radio. The stock VW radio has special lines that go to the computer. Some aftermarket sound systems, can and do put voltage on those lines. Try unplugging the radio or replacing it with the old stock VW radio to see what happens.
Your lean condition can be caused by a bad MAF or a vacuum leak. Try unplugging the MAF, and drive around to see if you have an improvement. If not, then start looking at the vacuum lines.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, i have an alpine iva d300 installed right now, but will be changing it soon, happened last year when we first installed the HU, the CEL was on, it was having a difficult time accelerating and when the dealership checked it, there were tons of faults, all " low power" so he checked the wiring of the radio and found out we accidentally tapped one wire which goes directly to ECU...
i will check it later with VAGCOM, see if the too lean fault was caused by the hole in the intake manifold
btw i plan on changing my battery to optima red top, that's ok right? cause last time i wanted to change my batteries to a higher ampere rating, the dealership told me not to, they said if the ampere goes up or down even by 5amp, the car won't run properly and the battery will just drain out everytime, so i had no choice but to buy the varta batt from them...
thanks for your help i really appreciate it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts