NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
2.5L 5 Cyl. killer bunny
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo

Just curious to see how many people actually watch food network and find out what their favorite shows are on that channel. :)

I like 30 min meals with Rachel Ray, she's interesting, little much with the hand motions but it's all good. She usually has some great quick ideas, and they are super yummy.

I love Good Eats with Alton Brown, the man can cook and he is super funny.

Iron Chef America is pretty cool. Definately wanna see some more Cat Cora on there, the other three are getting boring.

·
Super Moderator
14,769 Posts
I have the Food Network on every time I'm in my kitchen cooking. (We have a little flat-screen in the corner)

My favorite shows:

Good Eats, I love Alton!

I love Paula's Home Cookin' show

The Best Of....

Unwrapped!!

Not such a fan of Rachel Ray, but like her "$40 a day" show.

And, don't forget their website. When I need a recipe, no more cookbooks for me: I go straight to my computer!

Amazingly, I'm bored now the Iron Chef. And I can't stand Emeril! :eek:

·
2.5L 5 Cyl. killer bunny
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a very big fan of Emeril myself. Most of the stuff he makes, is just nothing I'd eat.

Alton Brown did some sugar stuff last night, I was going to try it till I found out I didn't have everything I needed.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
I'm sorry. Rachael Ray is an IDIOT! Yes..she may know how to cook but if you watch her show 40 dollars a day or whatever the crap its called and you watch how much she tips...she is freakin CHEAP! She is also a moron. I cant stand to listen to her talk. "YUM-O!!" Sorry if i hurt anyones feeling on this one but i cannot stomach her. She's a twit chop!

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
I'm sorry. Rachael Ray is an IDIOT! Yes..she may know how to cook but if you watch her show 40 dollars a day or whatever the crap its called and you watch how much she tips...she is freakin CHEAP! She is also a moron. I cant stand to listen to her talk. "YUM-O!!" Sorry if i hurt anyones feeling on this one but i cannot stomach her. She's a twit chop!
Agreed she is the queen of all dorky chiks. As far as the tipping, i think they do that for the premise of the show.

Did i mention i'm really into dorky chiks? The two chiks who broke my heart into shreds and peed on the remains and than fed my remains to lions were like UBER dorky chiks.

Rachel Ray is a babe...no way around it. :p

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Oh thank you--------she drives me absolutely bananas with her constant laughing at her own (un) wittiness.

And um--------I'd like to be airbrushed for that mag too.

Airbrushed hottness is faux hottness.

Tell me you think she's hot with the 20-30 other pounds she carries in real life and I'll at least appreciate that you like real women.

Dorky or not.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,311 Posts
angelworks said:
Oh thank you--------she drives me absolutely bananas with her constant laughing at her own (un) wittiness.

And um--------I'd like to be airbrushed for that mag too.

Airbrushed hottness is faux hottness.

Tell me you think she's hot with the 20-30 other pounds she carries in real life and I'll at least appreciate that you like real women.

Dorky or not.
Yeah...i didnt think she looked "real" in that pic either. :rolleyes:

Did anyone else see the excerpt from her wedding? OMG! She was a blithering idiot. She acted like a 5 year old! She was giggling the WHOLE time and everytime she got excited she would compltely turn away from her husband and start lookin at her maid of honor or whoever it was to her right and start saying something and jumping up and down. Afterwards she skipped down the aisle. I can imagine her maybe being excited but...she kinda ruined her own wedding by doing that retarded stuff.

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
Airbrush who knows for sure and who cares. Personally i thought the pic was a fake to feed my evil desires. Ok, i'll lay it out for you two. I hate it when she says "eevee oh oh", i hate how overanimated she gets sometimes, i hate when she tries to be "one of the guys". However, other than that Rachel Ray is a freakin 9 (as in 1-10) IMO. Short women are hot and she's got the figure i'm into. Not exactly "food network" i know, but i need to explain i feel.

Okay! So how about that Iron Chef? What the heck does that guy actually say anyway??

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
CyberGreenBaby said:
Yeah...i didnt think she looked "real" in that pic either. :rolleyes:

Did anyone else see the excerpt from her wedding? OMG! She was a blithering idiot. She acted like a 5 year old! She was giggling the WHOLE time and everytime she got excited she would compltely turn away from her husband and start lookin at her maid of honor or whoever it was to her right and start saying something and jumping up and down. Afterwards she skipped down the aisle. I can imagine her maybe being excited but...she kinda ruined her own wedding by doing that retarded stuff.

YES! It was like a train wreck, I couldn't turm away.

·
Write it like it's hot!
2,556 Posts
FineExampl said:
Airbrush who knows for sure and who cares. Personally i thought the pic was a fake to feed my evil desires. Ok, i'll lay it out for you two. I hate it when she says "eevee oh oh", i hate how overanimated she gets sometimes, i hate when she tries to be "one of the guys". However, other than that Rachel Ray is a freakin 9 (as in 1-10) IMO. Short women are hot and she's got the figure i'm into. Not exactly "food network" i know, but i need to explain i feel.

Okay! So how about that Iron Chef? What the heck does that guy actually say anyway??

Okay.

All 5' 4'' of me accepts your reasoning and disclaimer.

****I recall spell-check in the comments thingy. Where did my speel check go?****

·
OG Black and Pink
3,446 Posts
I love to watch . . .

Ham on the street
Paula Deen
Good Eats with Alton Brown
Semi-homemade
Food 911
How to boil water . .Pretty much whatever that hottie boom bottie Tyler Florence is on!! WOO-HOO talk about HOT!!:heart: :clap: :cheese:

As for Rachel Ray . . .umm the ee, vee , oh, oh than you tell us what it stands for . . .umm okay. :confused: What's the point of the abbreviation??

And you have WAY too much in your arms when you are "gathering your ingredients" Oh and don't forget your "garbage bowl" :lol:

·
Registered
995 Posts
Gotta be Good Eats. I have learned more from Alton than anyone else, except the origional Galloping Gourmet, not the one after his heart attack and bypass surgery.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yup... Good Eats is a 10 out of 10.

Jamie Oliver stuff is interesting, although I'm not a big fan of raging buffoons as he sometimes tends to be - but the food and the experiences are neat.

I like Made to Order also but that's a Cdn show which I don't supposed will ever make it to the US network.

·
Got My Bug 04/29/06!!!
112 Posts
If you are like me, and hearing impaired...you use Captioning on your TV...and on the Iron Chef, he says "Allez Cuisine!"

If that is for sure or not, I don't know, because, with my hearing impairment, I can't understand a lot of what is on TV.

I figured all of you, before I even read this thread, would like Alton Brown.

I swear, there is a certain "culture" surrounding NB owners.

They usually are more intelligent, and practical, and the NB encompasses that...and so does AB's Food Network show.

I've been taking care of my grandma 24/7 since January...did they EVER make a real show with that gay couple who won the first "The Next Food Network Star"?

I assume if they ever did get a show, it didn't take off like they hoped?

Grandma fell back in July 2005, so from September (her hospital release) to now, my TV time has been VERY limited.

But, off that subject...my faves are:

Alton Brown's Good Eats
Racheal Ray (delivery might stink, but her recipes are good, IMO)
Whatever Paula Deen's show is. I can't remember it, but I like it.
The Barefoot Contessa.

Emeril was okay when he first came on board...but I am BAMMED to death...and what's with that annoying humming when he's not talking?

He sounds like a whale on land needing water! haha

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I can't believe no one has mentioned Michael Chiarello. He has some awesome and easy recepies, than can easily be altered to suit your tastes and/or skill. I've taken quite a few things from his show and made into a staple in our household. His "Angry Shrimp" is one that's sure to surface once or twice a month...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts