NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
edit: All Gone (or spoken for) - Thanks everyone!! Beth

another edit @ 2:20 a.m. Eastern time: I'm going to go into my others I was keeping as a reserve (for myself and SIL) and announce that when you order a dozen, it's a baker's dozen and have 2 of *these* dozens available instead of just the one dozen I posted earlier

(and I hope Bluenote doesn't get ANY ideas to start blowing bulbs now LOL)

Any interest in H1 55W bulbs?
I have recently acquired 50 of these and will sell 'em for $1.00 a piece plus USPS First Class, Priority or Parcel Post(I don't know what shipping costs are - just getting a feel for if anyone wants any extra bulbs - supposed to be German made but they're in plastic bags with no land of origin so I'm gonna say that may or may not be true.
These aren't any special bulbs, look to be the kind you see at the local parts stores, Wally-world, etc.
If anyone knows if there's any way to test these bulbs, LMK - otherwise all I can do is visually check that the filaments are solid.

(the black thing behind the plastic bag is an earring box just used to prop for getting an angle to get rid of flash)

Attachments

·
BUG THIS
565 Posts
my99vdub said:
Any interest in H1 55W bulbs?
I have recently acquired 50 of these and will sell 'em for $1.00 a piece plus USPS First Class, Priority or Parcel Post(I don't know what shipping costs are - just getting a feel for if anyone wants any extra bulbs - supposed to be German made but they're in plastic bags with no land of origin so I'm gonna say that may or may not be true.
These aren't any special bulbs, look to be the kind you see at the local parts stores, Wally-world, etc.
If anyone knows if there's any way to test these bulbs, LMK - otherwise all I can do is visually check that the filaments are solid.

(the black thing behind the plastic bag is an earring box just used to prop for getting an angle to get rid of flash)
What years are they for?

·
Lurker Status Assumed.
858 Posts
BAD BUG said:
What years are they for?

all beetles take H1-55s for low/DRL beams, high beams and fog lamps.

i'd take a couple of em if your selling - beats $4 each at walmart. and it never hurts to have a couple extra laying around.

·
a.k.a. porkchopzz4
890 Posts
That's an awesome price. I thought I was getting a good deal for $2 each on the clearance aisle at Wal-mart a few weeks ago.

If you car has fog lights, you have 6 of these bulbs that WILL burn out. Everyone should pick up an extra set of 6. :)

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's what I came up with for packing and shipping: (from the USPS site - no charge for envelopes/boxes, just the postage)

1-6 bulbs in a padded 8X11 envelope wrapped in another layer of bubble wrap = 87 cents First Class mail

up to 12 bulbs in a 10X13 padded envelope wrapped in another layer of bubble wrap = $1.11 First Class mail

up to 12 bulbs in a small box wrapped in bubble wrap =
Priority Mail = $4.05
First Class = $1.59

Email or PM me if anyone wants any extras!
Thanks,
Beth

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wawalker said:
What does the printing on the metal base say? If they are Osram or Slyvania I'll take some. I bought a Wagner lamp recently which I ended up throwing away because it put out crappy yellowish light.:)
My camera is junky so I can't get a closeup but it says (in top down order, kind of):
*Philips Germany 12258 12V H1 55W U* and there's *E1* in a funky shape that looks like a left and right parens hooked together horizontally and *DOT 21P*

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Porkchop said:
That's an awesome price. I thought I was getting a good deal for $2 each on the clearance aisle at Wal-mart a few weeks ago.

If you car has fog lights, you have 6 of these bulbs that WILL burn out. Everyone should pick up an extra set of 6. :)
Yep, I lucked out cuz when you posted about finding them at Walmart on clearance, the stores up here that had 'em still had full price - grrrrr, the wonderful world of retail!!

·
Wee more cowbell
242 Posts
Received my package today. 13 bulbs as described. 1 GE bulb, 3 Osram bulbs, 9 phillips bulbs. Great deal on the bulbs, Wont need to buy any more for years!

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts