NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, as many of you know, I was in an accident in my dear Darla a few weeks ago. I'm still dealing with insurance to see if its worth buying back the car and parting it or if I should just let insurance take it. So, let me know if you would be interested in anything! Bigger items must be local pick-up. Not dealing with shipping with big body panels, etc.

The car: 1999 Techno Blue GL. Just shy of 102k miles on her. 2.0L 5-speed. Gear fluid changed recently, as were the spark plugs/wires, air filters, oil change. New oil pan this year, cat converter replaced last year. Timing belt was done in '08 at 77k. Grey interior. Cloth fronts are in ok shape, driver side has a tear. Rears are in good shape. Donut headrests all there. 2 good Rave wheels with tires (which were put on 5k ago).

I really want to keep the car, but insurance wants a decent amount for a buy-back price so I need to make sure I can get over that to make it worth the time and effort parting it out. Feel free to make an offer on anything (or the whole car!!).

I'm in Raleigh, NC. Feel free to ask any questions about parts. Drivers side is smashed, but from the hood and trunk to the passenger side you can't tell anything happened and other than some glass in the interior from the drivers window breaking, no intrusion into the interior so all pieces are still good. Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
14,714 Posts
What seats did Darla have? I would like to replace my black leather heated driver seat.

EDIT: Oops, just saw grey cloth. Best of luck. I am sure it will be worth getting her back and parting her out. Kinda like organ donation? :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I parted out an 03 still have the engine and trans and a few misc interior parts left and I made 2k. and I kept the heated leather seats, carpet, center console, rims, radio and used them in mine. That one was hit in the front, so depending on what buy back is there is money to be made.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Engine runs great. Got insurance numbers today. $1500 would make it worth keeping the car. I'd rather sell it as a whole,

·
Registered
3 Posts
RIP Darla

:crying: So sorry to hear about her demise! May be interested in the front seats. Need to check and see if they will fit my 03 Turbo S. Mine are disintegrating (lousy interior) even though lovingly cared for.

Will be in Sylva NC area next weekend if you have finished with the insurance by then.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Lauren

·
Peace Love & T.o.D.
2,802 Posts
I am pretty sure that the car has been gotten rid of.
any NB seats will bolt up to your TS.

·
5/23/10 <3
10,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car is long gone. Couldn't make enough money to make it worth keeping. The car had cloth seats anyway. You wouldn't want those in your Turbo S. And they were stained pretty badly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts