NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a DVD burner and quite frankly I have no clue what any of the numbers etc mean. I tried doing a couple of searches but all that has done for me is frustrate me and leave me with more questions and less answers.

So here is my model according to the data on the bottom of my computer.

I found one ebay auction but to be honest I don't know if this is really compatable or not since it doesnt list my specific model.. oh ya click this sentance to view it.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou

Tom aka Fowvay

edited to add: I would like an internal drive and my computer is a laptop.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
CDROMs and DVDs are pretty much standard. If the color matches it will probably be okay. I would stick to a known name brand like Sony or Plextor. Other than that you should have no probs.

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
I would think it would work since it lists a lot of zv5000 series. I would think, if it looks like the drive in your computer, then it would probably fit.

Yours might not be on the list if wasn't originally an option to have a DVD-RW. just a thought

·
Premium Member
3,625 Posts
Go For it Tom!

This model should fit just fine in your laptop, as it is a standard slimline DVD Burner... These things are usually made following a generic specification so that you can pretty much put any drive into your machine..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts