NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, howto get few new wire to engine compartment from fuse box area ? I´d like to hook up headlight levelling but no wires do exist...and it looks dam bad to find a way thru fireplate ! I found some wiring tunnel under the air intake box starting from the battery but it is still quite fare away from fusebox. Also usual grommets are not seen when ooking around near fusebox :(

Then I wonder is it enough to put a jumper between headlight switch pin 3 and 13 to achieve state were DLR means headlight plus city lights together ? (To fullfill Euro regulations)
Or maybe the Euro light switch does already affect something like that ...?(I do not have it yet)

I added rear fog light by using the license plate wiring so no need to install new wiring just for fog light. License plates are connected to left tail light wiring. Has anybody else done that ? For some reason license plate lights has its own wiring from fusebox all the way to rear lid...

Some mechanical stuff too...is it common problem were rear lid hood lock does not openfully unless remote button used. I mean pushing the driver door button does only open lock "half way" !

Finally is the radioator supposed to be like partly loose,I mean it moves when touched so how it is connected to the body ? By rubber supports?

I hoe somebody could help me out with the engine wiring as I should do it very soon.

Br, JJ
:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Headlight range control...

Got motors installed and wires put thru firewall by using the factory mounted cable way under air intake.

Problem left is pinout of the levelling motors, they got three wires (red, black and blue atleast in previous installation in VW Sharan SUV)
So any idea of the signals ? Should be power (headlight),ground and control signal. I guess just control is needed to run inside the car to the rheostat...
:cool:

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
mrjj said:
Got motors installed and wires put thru firewall by using the factory mounted cable way under air intake.

Problem left is pinout of the levelling motors, they got three wires (red, black and blue atleast in previous installation in VW Sharan SUV)
So any idea of the signals ? Should be power (headlight),ground and control signal. I guess just control is needed to run inside the car to the rheostat...
:cool:
You may need a relay or two to activate the power circuit to the motors... Just a thought.. JK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts