NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any good clutchs out there that hold more then the stock one plus any lighter flywheels ?

3 inch exhaust ? any comments links would be nice , only seen one and thats the site that has the metal protector for the bottom side .

Front mount intercoolers ? and any other turbo related part . thats not stock .

for now , any way to get rid of the mas ?

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
OK, here goes.

Clutches: I like ecstuning.com's setups. They hold lotsa power and they feel stock.

3" exhaust: you don't need it. Hack the muffler off and call it a day.

Big turbo: search for "GT1749VB". www.kermatdi.com has them for $799 shipped.

Intercoolers: Again, overkill.

Keep the MAF...you need it to run smooth.

My advice is this: head to TDIclub.com and read read read. It will only help you and then you will see you're on the wrong mod path. :O) I'm running a 3" exhaust (it was free though), and I lost 20 lb/ft in the low range with it. It's too big without a HUUUUUGE turbo. I choked it a bit with a 2.5" tailpipe and now my numbers are back up.

Your mod plan should look like this:
Chip (rocketchip.com or upsolute.com are the best)
Injectors or Nozzles (www.kermatdi.com)
Clutch (just search for a G60 flywheel and VR6 clutch)
...then anything else.

Welcome!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
< :) from starion/conquest board lol need more power in the bug :)

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
C89ZX7R said:
< :) from starion/conquest board lol need more power in the bug :)
I had a conquest once...good times. 1988 TSI, had a 3" exhaust and a MBC on it...good for high 13s.

BUt anyways, what year is your NB? That's gonna help a lot as to what I personally reccomend for you. :O)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol bought it new in 98 , 25th person on the waiting list , 5 speed . 95k miles , by the way what oil gets 10k oil changes ? my job i usually put 900 miles on it every 3 days . been doing it at every 3k .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Any name brand synthetic oil will run 10K. Don’t get me wrong you've been had by the Jiffy Lube marketing of the 90s that's still be sold wholesale to most folks that don't do there homework but you are and your asking the right ?s. Oils have come a long way since the 80/90 when engine designs started to get better and require higher quality oils. Also more folks make it so it's become price competitive and it can be easily designed to meet specific applications.

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
Run Mobil1 5W40 Truck/SUV (it's available at Wal-Mart), and you can go 10k easy.

Have you replaced the timing belt yet?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
timing belt was done roughly 3k miles ago , using 15w 40 synth . 99% of my miles are interstate . forgot to mention , no emission testing here in richmond virginia

·
overwhelmed/underpaid
3,319 Posts
OK, so you're good to 160k on the belt. :O)

Time to have fun now. I reccomend a nozzle set from www.kermatdi.com . I like the PP520s myself...20hp and 40 lb/ft on a otherwise stock motor. You'll notice the difference, and then soon afterwards, you'll be shopping for a clutch...but no biggie. The car's broken in, it's served you well, time to pay it back with some goodies. :O)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts