VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just ordered front and back fiberglass door panels from Mark in PR. He estimated about 3 weeks to get them to me. No other options really as all 4 panels on my 2007 convertible are trashed. Will provide a review and photos as I get this done as I know there is an interest in replacement panels.

· Registered
52 Posts
I hope yours are better than mine. I'm happy with them in the sense that you can't get good stock ones but they leave a lot to be desired. If this car were to be a "nice" car I'd have spent some hours making them right. The car is just a daily for my wife and she likes the "crappy" side of it so she's not worried about leaving the top down and whatnot when going in somewhere.

· Registered
52 Posts
You'll be good then. They do need some work to get them right. I just kinda hacked them together to get her back on the road. I plan on painting the car this year though so while I take it apart for that I might redo them.

· Registered
19,604 Posts
Can you show with photos; the issues, you are having with the new fiberglass panels? We have had members buy them before but not any detailed reviews about them, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, I'll post some pics of them installed. They aren't painted because she is undecided on color. I started painting them with a match paint that is perfect btw but stopped when she started talking about wanting the color different. There are no provisions for any accessories. I glassed in some blocks to screw the handle and locks to. The others I just cut tight and popped them in but if you miss you have to do glass work. There are no provisions for any of the door clips to hold them on the door and they are about 2 inches too short to screw into the bottom of the door. You have to cut them to fit the replacement pull handles if you have them instead of the stockers. I also drilled the door and handle area to put in a self tapper. They don't stay in the panel otherwise.

In the op's case he can solve some of those issues as his is a project and my wife was daily driving the car at the time so I did them dirty to get them on the car and her on her way.

· Registered
19,604 Posts
When, he started selling these years ago; these type of details were things I wondered about. Considering the price and idea of a “better solution “, it’s unfortunate you have to do more mods, to make them work?

· Registered
52 Posts
When, he started selling these years ago; these type of details were things I wondered about. Considering the price and idea of a “better solution “, it’s unfortunate you have to do more mods, to make them work?

You can see how short they are from bolting on. The pass. side is the side bowed out, the drivers isn't like that. I didn't finish painting them. When she picks a color I'll redo them including adding material to bolt them to the bottom of the doors. I am going to keep the 2 tone though, I did that just to see how it would look and really like it.

· Registered
19,604 Posts
Well, if you pay for a product, it should fit correctly out of the box; definitely, looks like he has some quality control problems. I would have thought, after making these for so many years; he would have the molds correct and quality control down. I don’t remember, others who have purchased these; having fitment issues like this.

· Registered
52 Posts
Well, if you pay for a product, it should fit correctly out of the box; definitely, looks like he has some quality control problems. I would have thought, after making these for so many years; he would have the molds correct and quality control down. I don’t remember, others who have purchased these; having fitment issues like this.

Agreed, I just wasn't in a spot to worry about it. I look forward to seeing what Mikvi gets and what work his need. Maybe we just got a bad pair. I would still buy the rears from him if what Mikvi gets looks goodish.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have just ordered front and back fiberglass door panels from Mark in PR. He estimated about 3 weeks to get them to me. No other options really as all 4 panels on my 2007 convertible are trashed. Will provide a review and photos as I get this done as I know there is an interest in replacement panels.
I need driver and passenger door panels for my 2005 VW NEW BEETLE. please send me info on how to get these fiberglass panels!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts