NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
RefinishNetwork.com has a good tutorial. I am sure there are others is you just google what you need. I am working on my outside mirrors. The adhesion promoter is key. Good luck. :D

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
I am by no means qualified to do this myself, but was wondering if the pros can fix a new problem I have: I was camping over the weekend and I ran my New Beetle into the fire pit! :mad: My front bumper, on the very bottom underneath the small grille is now cracked, Not severed completely, but nevertheless cracked. Can a shop simply fill this in with bondo and repaint, or will the whole bumper need to be replaced? I was going to have it repainted anyway, because I also scuffed it in a different location earlier the same day. :mad:

If I have to have the whole damn thing replaced, I'll have to claim it on insurance, because I imagine that would cost around 1500 bucks. On the other hand, I'd rather pay $300-$400 for a repair and re-paint with no claim. (I have $500 deductible, plus my rates would go up following this stupid accident).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts