NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March sales of the Beetle were 1,969 units :banana: This is far better than what Dec, Jan, and Feb brought with 1500,1400, and 1300, respectively. I humbly apologize to anyone who happened to read my gloomy posts regarding this topic, but I was honestly very concerned about the latest Beetle's seemingly slow start, and I tried equating this to the entire future of water-cooled Beetle enthusiasts. It looks like most of the post-2012 crowd will be in loaded Turbos while I would be fine with a Base 2.5, but that's ok as long as people are still keeping the Beetle alive. Puebla must have at least partially resolved some production issues, and this is great news! Some 1.2 million New Beetles were sold worldwide between 98 and 10, and I hope the same or more 2012+ models do likewise up to 2024. :D

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
That's good news. Although, I still have not carabugged with any new Beetles. I have only caught a glimpes of one, in the wild. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Was at the dealer yesterday for a drain plug and saw a 2012 sunroof beetle. Was gone when I left the parts counter( bummer). Then saw a black one with sunroof in traffic. Must have gotten the sunroof glitch worked out.
Which I cold have seen one up close and personel.

·
HP Technician
449 Posts
I see a full parking lot of them at the dealer yet only seen one out on the road. Nothing near the strong numbers they wanted I'm sure.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
I actually have seen several of the 2012's on the road. One day last week I saw 3 of them within a 2 mile radius. They look pretty sharp from the front coming at ya. Still can't get too excited about the rear. Just don't care for those really ugly tail lights.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have only seen a hand full of the 2012 bugs on the road and a lot are still sitting on the car lot. It's good to know that they are at least somewhat selling. I do however see a thousand jettas and passats on the road.

·
Super Moderator
14,751 Posts
I'm still waiting for mine to be built.

TDI
DSG
Sunroof
Fender Audio
RNS-315 Navigation

Preferably Yellow but would take white too...
X2, but Tornado Red! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I actually have seen several of the 2012's on the road. One day last week I saw 3 of them within a 2 mile radius. They look pretty sharp from the front coming at ya. Still can't get too excited about the rear. Just don't care for those really ugly tail lights.

I don't know if they're exactly ugly, but they are certainly different-looking on a Beetle. It makes one wonder if we'll see a restyle back to round taillights in a few model years.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The latest update, May 1, 2012:

VW sold 2065 21st century Beetles in April. (US alone)

This makes 12,364 since its October launch. Of those, 5626 took place in 2011, and 6738 so far in 2012. Again, I apologize for ever fearing this car could be a flop. While Jetta and Passat sales dwarf Beetle sales, the Beetle actually outsells the Eos, Golf, GTI, CC, Toureag, and Routan.

You could clump the Golf/GTI and the Passat/CC together, I suppose, but even then, the Bug still outsells Eos, T-reg, and Routan (which is really a Chrysler, anyway).

·
blue highways
735 Posts
Only seen two in the wild.. and maybe two hundred on dealer lots and one car carrier

·
5/23/10 <3
11,076 Posts

·
Beware-Blonde with Beetle
677 Posts
Thought I'd share an interesting tidbit with everyone....

I went to our local VW dealership today for an oil change (my car is still under warranty and therefore free :party:). Anywho, the service department was closed (figures) so I parked Jolene and decided to take a peek at their 2012's.

They had 10 or so on their lot, several turbos and in white, yellow, red, and a brown (like a chocolate) that I've not yet seen on the road.

Of course, the salesmen converge upon my like vultures and after I set them straight right fast I asked the one remaining sales guy about sales of the 2012's. He said that in 5 days he had personally sold 3, and they were selling them like crazy. He then pointed over to the side of the dealership and there was a woman getting the keys to her yellow 2012. So at least here in Knoxville sales are picking up. :)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 49 Posts