NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little girl has been wanting a beetle convertible since she was twelve, only took me 8 years, but I finally found her the car of her dreams at an auto auction!

Light blue 04 GLS 2.0 automatic with dark blue top and grey leather, all the fun stuff inside, 97k miles, and daisy wheels.

She hated the daisy wheels so I had to get them changed out, they will be posted in the parts forum soon.

Now a very happy daughter! Will post pics of the car as soon as I have some.

Also had one broken fog light, and the lock on the glovebox door was broken (torn) out, and the previous owner put a sheetrock screw through the door to hold it closed!!!!

Need to find owner and shop manuals for it, the engine bay and car were spotless, so the screw in the glovebox door confuses me. Someone loved this car, so I don't understand that type of "repair".

I've seen some cool stuff in my brief perusal of this site, looks like a great place for learning about the car and a fun community to be part of.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Welcome to the org. This is truly a happy place! I love my car, but before I found this place mine had a sheetrock screw in the glove box, in probably the exact same spot is yours. I put it there myself because my latches were torn out also. But, after I found this place I got a glove box from somebody who is parting 1 out. And with the help of this site,have really got my little car dialed in,to where there's almost nothing left wrong with it. We're glad you're here, and we are here to help you out. Congratulations!

Sent from Texas:)

·
5/23/10 <3
11,171 Posts
Welcome!

Make sure the timing belt has been changed! I'd also consider changing the trans fluid to help extend the life of the auto :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts