VW Beetle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited! I've always wanted a beetle and an orange one in particular. I had been in search of an old orange beetle but reality is, I do like the creature comfort of modern cars.

I finally found the car that's perfect in every way. I picked up a 2002 manual snap orange turbo this weekend. I'm sooo in love with it. It was worth the 30 years search.

Trying to get to know Snappy and am glad to have stumbled upon this site.

·
Super Moderator
14,876 Posts
Congratulations! We Need Pics!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congratulations! We Need Pics!
I'm getting interior and exterior detailing done on Monday. Will post photos when I get the car back.

There are some original parts that are missing such as orange arm rest cover, cup holder, orange trimmed floor mats, back head rests and the take5 wheels. However, that's the fun of owning a car like this. It'll be like a treasure hunt to make it as close to original as I can over time.

·
Super Moderator
14,876 Posts
Snap Orange Color Concept! You do know you have a limited edition, right? Yay for you!!!!!!

Reactions: Pandamonium

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, realized how special the snap orange is. Do you know if there were only 500 manuals made for the North American market what about in other markets like Europe?

I have been doing lots of research to bring it back to as original as possible. It is missing a few things like the Take5 wheels, armrest lid in orange, floor mats with the orange trim, rear seat bottom as I think someone had put in a pretty good match but don't think the original was perforated orange leather and bottom was not a flat bench. I'm not sure if the original parcel lid was Grey like mine or should have been black. I think the center console was not orange, maybe should have been black?

The research and search for these elusive parts is all part of the fun in owning this car.

Looks like you've owned a lot of beetles over the years. Which one was your favorite?

·
Super Moderator
14,876 Posts
The one that got away was the 2003 UniRed Turbo S. Wish I still had it, but I do have my third Turbo S.....lol

Reactions: Pandamonium

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes, realized how special the snap orange is. Do you know if there were only 500 manuals made for the North American market what about in other markets like Europe?

I have been doing lots of research to bring it back to as original as possible. It is missing a few things like the Take5 wheels, armrest lid in orange, floor mats with the orange trim, rear seat bottom as I think someone had put in a pretty good match but don't think the original was perforated orange leather and bottom was not a flat bench. I'm not sure if the original parcel lid was Grey like mine or should have been black. I think the center console was not orange, maybe should have been black?

The research and search for these elusive parts is all part of the fun in owning this car.

Looks like you've owned a lot of beetles over the years. Which one was your favorite?
The rear bottom seat orange color inserts look painted...and I don't think they should be perforated either.

I thought only the front seat faces were perforated to cater for the heated seating feature...in vehicles that had the heated leather seats factory fitted?

Very nice car by the way...and welcome! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rear bottom seat orange color inserts look painted...and I don't think they should be perforated either.

I thought only the front seat faces were perforated to cater for the heated seating feature...in vehicles that had the heated leather seats factory fitted?

Very nice car by the way...and welcome! :)
I have ordered and waiting arrival of a set of snap orange seats with all four headrests, armrest console, steering wheel and grab bar. I won't be needing all the parts but the only way I can get the back seat bottom, back headrest and armrest lid. I think the sickness has begun. ;)

Still searching for take 5 wheels and floor mats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My kid has this same beetle and is breaking it down to convert it into a baja bug instead. His has the matching orange rims that he is gonna get rid of... if you're interested, let me know.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts