NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an 08 new bettle convertible manual 2.5 liter, with only 12000 miles on it!! Its beautiful and I love it!! Anyone have any issues with this model??

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Welcome Newbie!

Hi, and welcome to the Org!

Not a lot of later model NB Owners on here who visit and post regularly that I have noticed (yes, there are a few!). Also, as a daily reader of the Org for ten or so months now, I haven't seen a lot of postings with issues on these later models.

12k miles, WOW! What a find! Enjoy!

MORAV

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome to New Beetle ville!

CBS Moneywatch had a piece on line on July 20th: 5 used cars to avoid. Guess who was on there? Most of us have seen these articles for years now. I think all years have had some complaints, though most of the problems have been with the early years like my '99. Ouch. According to this article, owners of the 2008 NB told Consumer Reports that they had trouble with the Climate Control system and power equipment. I have also read this about the 2007 model. Doesn't mean YOU will necessarily have the problem. Guess you should just be aware. Good luck with your NB! :)

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
In follow up, you have to accept that you now own a "novelty" car. A car that has never faired well in any consumer reviews. Many, many idiosyncrasies that seem to be unique to the NB. Not a great venture for VW and hence, the end of the production run with the 2010. No doubt as more Orgers later madels gain more miles of operation there comments, problems, and the such will increase here on the Org. Follow your Owner's Manual Service Schedule to a tee, stay on top of problems as they occur, use the proper oils, coolants, etc, and you should have years of trouble free miles.

As to owning one of these novelties, perhaps our member billymade expressed it best in his postings to the new NB owner on this thread (I saved it to pass along to pther Newbies):

http://newbeetle.org/forums/questions-issues-concerns-problems-new-beetle/50898-anyone-ever-experienced.html

MORAV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts