NewBeetle.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,406 Posts
just installed my Brica snack/cupholder...Judy was kind enough to pick one up for me at Toys-R-Us the other day, and i'll do a test flight tomorrow. :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
I am still very happy with mine. It is the best accessory I have installed so far! You're gonna wonder how you lived without it for so long! :lol:

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,406 Posts
I am still very happy with mine. It is the best accessory I have installed so far! You're gonna wonder how you lived without it for so long! :lol:
Ah, no kidding, Deb---3 days & I'm loving it. :)

Sent from my Droid Incredible.

·
VDub Noob
218 Posts
Ok so I have to ask....how much weight can it hold without bending or coming unclamped? I am interested in getting one cause I can't fit 44oz fountain drinks in the stock cupholders lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
I have held two large McD's drinks in the holder that I have. It is very sturdy. I do have it clamped tight, and check it often. I would not worry about one drink that size. :p

·
VDub Noob
218 Posts
That Brica snack holder was the best investment I have ever spent on my Bug. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
That Brica snack holder was the best investment I have ever spent on my Bug. Thanks!

Awesome! :clap:

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Where do you guys buy these miracle cup holders? I need one bad for large morning coffee's ;)

Are they easy to install or do I need to take it to the dealer :p
What was Volkswagon thinking with those totally useless cupholders they put in those Beetle's?

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,406 Posts
Where do you guys buy these miracle cup holders? I need one bad for large morning coffee's ;)

Are they easy to install or do I need to take it to the dealer :p
What was Volkswagon thinking with those totally useless cupholders they put in those Beetle's?
Tom-toys r us or babies r us carry the Brica, or the other brand. One minute install, max. :wink:

Sent from my Droid Incredible.

·
VDub Noob
218 Posts
It wasn't even a minute more like 30 seconds! It's practically idiot-proof. Comes with a handy snack carrier too lol

·
ToD Maiden Voyager
3,406 Posts
It wasn't even a minute more like 30 seconds! It's practically idiot-proof. Comes with a handy snack carrier too lol
true. :D i pulled the snack carrier, so it'll hold a good sized drink cup on one side, and my stainless steel coffee mug, or cellphone, or iPod in the snack holder side. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Target is also carrying them. I picked mine up yesterday. The chicken bar has room for two of them if you really need a lot of drink capacity. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
any installed?

Does anyone have experiences with the replacement center console? The notes on the ECS page say you need to tilt the parking brake handle ten degrees towards the driver. I suppose you add washers underneath the right side until you get there. They show one of the models (back order) as suitable for a 98. My 98 beetle the parking brake lever bolts came out, and pulling up on the handle cracked the center console:( Searching for advise on disassembling the center console, I came across this thread for a replacement:)

Is the quality good? Does it fit well?

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Just found this thread today. I'm going to have to get me one of those for sure. Sick of having nowhere to put anything in my bug :mad:

I did a quick google search and they still make these...yay!!! Now I just have to get a day off to go find one :rolleyes:

Thanks guys :)

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
Just got 1 yesterday. Haven't had a drink in it yet. Can't wait to try it out. Using the food cup that came with as a change cup. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
14,755 Posts
You are going to wonder how you lived without it! :party:

21 - 40 of 77 Posts