NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diesel Inside
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the USA Spec auxilliary input thing that I talked with you guys about recently. I go to install it in the trunk and I can't find the plug in for the CD changer that I was planning on using. I thought maybe mine was hidden under some carpet and that was why I hadn't seen it. But no...it's not hiding under the carpet.

Soooo...where do you guys think it is? I've got a 2003 with the Monsoon system and the head unit with the round SCAN button. Everything that the side of this box says I need to have for this to work. Anyway...called a VW place and they didn't know what was up. He did mention they started in 2003 to move them to the center console...but no dice there either...I pulled the liner out and the only wires down there are for the 12v plug ins.

OK...so find my CD changer plug in...or show me how to pull out the head unit so I can figure out how I am going to install this up front. This is your mission. ;)

Thanks...JP

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
If you have the jumblebox center console, it's in the center console, if not, it's in the trunk.

If it's in the trunk, it would be in hte drivers side against the wall in the floor, there should be a little plastic door.

If you have a jumble box, you need to take the inneer lining out, and the wiring should be dug under there, i think on the drivers side.

·
Tell your mom I said hi
444 Posts
It is there. If it is the version in the back it will be on the left side of the car just behind the back seat under the carpet on the side. If in the console, remove the console liner, stick your hand in all the way to the left in the front part near the bottom nest tho the brake lever. It will be mounted on a little bracket with a dummy plug in it. A real PITA if you have large hands.

·
Diesel Inside
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No offense fellas...but I wouldn't miss a black plastic door on the side of the trunk. I have seen pictures...and it's not there. When I took out the lining on the console all I saw were 2 wires bundles that were thin and I felt where they went to and they were for the 12v inputs on the front and back of the console. I completey pulled the side carpet and bottom carpet off the trunk on the drivers side with no luck either.

I did not dig too far under the console for what you are talking about Bug Monkey...I will check that. But I tried to explain in my post that I looked at the easy stuff already.

Thanks.

·
big poster turned lurker.
9,487 Posts
yeah, sounds like you have the newer console, so it sould be right where bugmonkey says. i had no clue where iyt was exactly, i havent played around with taking apart a jumblebox yet.

·
Diesel Inside
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS FELLAS!!!

OK, I found it...it was sort of where Bug Monkey said...at the front of the console. But it was on the passenger side mounted near where the 12v adapter plugs in...which is why I didn't see it in the dark. And you're right...my hands are pretty wide and it sucked getting them up there. Mine also didn't have anything plugged into it. I had to unplug the 12v harness from the back to get the adapter plug in there and then plug it back in once the adapter plug was in.

Anyway...glad to have found it...now to figure out how I want to install this baby. Maybe I'll install some RCA plates on the side of the console? That could be cool. Or maybe a mini jack on the side of the console?

Who knows...glad to have found it.

Thanks

JP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts