NewBeetle.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
finished my first...now with pics!!

NB model :D just wanted to get one of the snap together ones so i could repaint it without having to worry about glue or anything like that..

took a bright blue one and repainted it to be a snap orange color concept:D will take some pics of it when i get home tonight..im really happy with how it turned out..redid the entire interior and everything on the car and it really came through

im going to be starting on a guac colored one repainting it silver arrow in the next day or so..this one should be a little easyer than going from the dark blue to the unique snap orange but we will see

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
jazzcat said:
NB model :D just wanted to get one of the snap together ones so i could repaint it without having to worry about glue or anything like that..

took a bright blue one and repainted it to be a snap orange color concept:D will take some pics of it when i get home tonight..im really happy with how it turned out..redid the entire interior and everything on the car and it really came through

im going to be starting on a guac colored one repainting it silver arrow in the next day or so..this one should be a little easyer than going from the dark blue to the unique snap orange but we will see
Hi,

Great,

I can't wait to see your photos!

I would like to start doing this!

Have fun doing them,

John K.

·
Super Moderator
5,310 Posts
when I get back to the states I might try and get another airbrush and make a cyber green beetle model :D

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
I tried to buy a couple NB models. I couldn't find any. I want to find one and make it like mine. Right down to every detail. Hand make every piece and stuff. Custom miniature accessories. Maybe i will go out tomorrow and check a store or two.

·
<-----No More Beetle :(
18,312 Posts
FineExampl said:
I tried to buy a couple NB models. I couldn't find any. I want to find one and make it like mine. Right down to every detail. Hand make every piece and stuff. Custom miniature accessories. Maybe i will go out tomorrow and check a store or two.
I dont know if AC Moore still has NB models but I know when i worked there they did. Last time I saw them was in July. I'm going there tonight so if I see any I'll let ya know. If I have the $ I'll pick one up for ya.

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
angelworks said:
John___

I have one---bright blue snap together----pay for shipping and you can have it.

Just PM me.

:cool:
thats what i used to become the snap orange wonder :D

got a guac colored snap together that im going to make look like my car :D

·
120,000+ miles
1,423 Posts
Well, here comes the dumb question . . . .

Are these toys that can be found ONLY in craft stores -versus WallyWorld or Tar-jey Anyone have a pic so I can see what everyone's talking about?

Would these be considered Models that you buy the box and all the parts are there to paint and put the vehicle together.

Sounds like fun to do a mock up of your own NB.

Good luck and let us know who finds some!

Beth :reindeer:

·
Volkswagen Addict
123 Posts
I'm all about making models that look like my ride. I had a ton of models I built when I was still into modifying my old car, an '02 Ford Focus ZX3 (bodykit, rims, graphics, exhaust....all the good stuff).

At the moment, I'm tackling a Barbie Beetle that I've taken apart, and I plan to paint just like ours with graphics and everything.

After I'm done that, we bought one of those yellow Power Wheels Beetles from a yard sale that I'm going to pull apart and paint up just like ours, graphics included!!

I get bored during the winter so I have to keep myself occupied while Jess is at work. The only down side to spraying in the basement is the paint fumes........but I feel oddly fine.:D

Let's see some pictures of these Beetle models!!!:)

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
once i can get the digi cam over here i will get pics of the models i have made, my car, and my tattoo that i have been saying i would get pics of since i got all of them lol

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

thats how they turned out...ill have some more up if anyone is interested but thats the general idea:D still gotta touch them up a little and add the stickers to them but i think they turned out really good

they were a christmas present for my fiance(punkinbug) and she was shocked that i did that:D

can a moderator add now with pictures to the title for me?

·
Poopship Destroyer
12,736 Posts
So i got a herbie model for xmas. I tried for a little while. I broke a grab bar, i broke both headlights, i couldn't get parts to fit.

Maybe i'm not cut out for model building. If i couldn't make it past step 2, i need a different hobby.

·
Delightfully Tacky
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
these things were easy...if i didn't have to repaint everything i could have had both of them done in a night...that was about a weeks worth of work on both car...snap together stuff rocks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts